PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the kids out and about in the winter?

Starshine
05-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I know, summer is just starting, but I'm thinking ahead!

If you're not using a vehicle, what do you use to transport the kids? I remember trying to push my son in a stroller through the snow when he was younger, and it was hard! What's the best way? Sleds? Wagons? Thanks :)

littlebugsdaycare
05-21-2012, 08:17 PM
I have to do the school transport so we have to go by foot power, this past winter I took them in the double stroller and the bigger kids walked, we gave extra time but we did it. If we had had a winter like last winter I would have invested in a sled for sure.

Inspired by Reggio
05-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Empathy for those who have to do winter school runs - fortunately my kids are grown and well I will just not do the school runs at this point cause I do not want to deal with it - sidewalks that are not shoveled or full of ice enroute totally suck and the fact they do not maintain the 'walkways' over the winter is beyond me cause if there is anytime you NEED a shortcut to the schools it is when it is -40 out there :(

They need to event a 'hybrid' sled that will pull nicely in the snow and have hydraulic wheels that drop down to pull across the street OR just make a sled that will HOVER across the snow and streets ... which would be an awesome back saving endeavor for providers ;)

littlebugsdaycare
05-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Reggio yes school runs SUCK! I will not do them for anyone other than my DD. Thankfully as you know my DDs school is across the street so a short commute.