PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!! I'm new here!!

Gaby
05-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Hello everyone,

my name is Gaby and I'm 46 years old and my son is out of the house and now
I have time again for the little sunshine kids. :laugh:
I will open a Day home, but I haven't References yet.
I have my own son and the kids always of my sisters,
What can I do, if parents wants to have a reference?
Thank for your help.
any person here can write German?

Momof4
05-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the home daycare world and I wish you good luck. It is really difficult to get started, but do you have a resume from other careers? I'm a grandma/mother and I was in Scouting/Guiding for many years and have a medical background and got my CPR-first aid done right away and those were the experiences I used on my resume to get started.

So figure out your strengths that you can bring to the families and the children. I don't have my ECE but I have decades of experience with my children and grandchildren and after a few years you have families who will be happy to give you great references.

Inspired by Reggio
05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new endeavor Gaby.

Unfortunately I do not know how to write German so will give my advice in English and hope the message does not get lost in translation ;)

For references when just starting out I would opt for any family or friends who've seen your work with children who can speak to those skills ... even if you volunteer in positions at your child's school trips or the Sunday school or what not ... and throw in a couple professional non childcare related work reference that can speak to your professionalism and other work related skills to round it out until you get a few clients and can than ask them to serve as reference.

Good luck!

Gaby
05-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Thank you both for your help!! :)
with volunteer for the first time is a good idea.
Thanks again and the best wishes!!!

mom-in-alberta
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Welcome Gaby... The girls above have some great advice. Just remember that we all had to start somewhere, right?
Good luck with your new business!!
:D