PDA

View Full Version : Contract revisions needed 6 & 8 year old for summer care?

Dreamalittledream
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm taking on 2 siblings just for the summer ( my daycare is full Sept. to June with teachers children). Being the siblings are aged 6 & 8 any additional things I should add/consider to my contract/handbook...I'm drawing a blank.

Inspired by Reggio
05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
The only two things that pop to my head that I might want to 'reiterate' with that age group are:

I would reflect on 'quiet time' expectations are clear between both parties cause that is the only thing I could think that might be different ... that age group generally does not SLEEP and goes all day long at school without a 'rest period' so parents might assume that will be the case in your program as well - but do you still want them to have a REST because it will be a long day for you to work without a 'break' so to speak - I personally expect all kids regardless of age to lay quietly at this time of day .... when my stepson is here and not in school he too had to lay down (with a book or his gameboy and headphones) and rest quietly right up until 10 and then he was old enough to take off to the park or friends house at that time so that I got my QUIET in the house?

Also supervision policy ... normally we always have the kids within eye sight but with this age group some parents might be ok for example if their child allowed to be upstairs or downstairs without an adult present and others might not - if this is something you would be doing I would spell that out to make SURE they are the type that are ok with this cause some parents might not be?

Everything else would be the same for me?

Dreamalittledream
05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Both great ideas; thanks!

mom-in-alberta
05-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Yup, I second both those thoughts. And would like to add that you may or may not need to expand upon expectations for behaviour and what consequences will be enforced. Redirection and time outs don't generally apply to that crowd.
How nice that you are able to fill those spaces, though. :D