PDA

View Full Version : Barrhaven/Nepean: outdoor activities

Littledragon
05-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Hello!

So, I'm getting sick of the park haha Does anyone know of any outdoor activities (centers, zoos, parks and so on) that are entertaining for young toddlers in this area? I have a 14 month old and a ten month old - the month old isn't walking yet so it has to be relatively easy for him (or me carrying him) to maneuver around

Play and Learn
05-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Depending on if you're driving with the kiddos!

If you are:
- Valley View Family Farm http://www.vvlittleanimalfa rm.com/
- Water Park beside Mother Theresa High School (beside the soccer field)
- Strawberry picking beside Valley View Farm

That's what I can think of right now!

ECE53
05-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi there. There is the conservation area off Prince of Whales, you can see all kinds of birds, fish etc... There is the splash pad on Stoneway or champman Mills Dr. The Early Years Centre has play groups. valley view animal farm on fallowfield there is Gym Tale activity gym. I often go to different parks for variety... Hope this helps.

Yarnlover
05-28-2012, 08:09 AM
I"ll give a third vote for Valley View Farm. I took my daughter (20 months) there for the first time this weekend and it was awesome! It had me wishing I took my dck's on outings in the car as I agree I get bored of the park.

Play and Learn
05-28-2012, 09:33 AM
At least you ladies have a park! I don't! So we go for walks, and play in our 1 acre yard.

Littledragon
05-28-2012, 10:37 AM
at least you have a yard! lol i barely have one :( and the park near our place SUCKS. Gotta drive everywhere. :) Oh well :) Thanks ladies for all your help!