PDA

View Full Version : Kid leaving. feeling bummed

gcj
06-01-2012, 08:44 AM
let me explain. In QC we have what's called CPE. They are large daycares run by the gov't at $7/ day that anyone and everyone qualifies for. Usually people put their kids on a waiting list when they're pregnant and often the space only comes available at 4 years old (since they start school here at 5)
So for the 2nd in a row, I'm losing a girl that I've had since 10 months for her final year. I was supposed to have 2 in their final preschool year and had big plans for school prep, which of course I'll still do with the one remaining, but he's SO uninterested....I feel like the early years are the toughest and 4 is my favourite, so I do the tough job and lose the glory of seeing them off to school.
From the parents point of view, they want their kids in a group setting of all 4 year olds to be more prepared for school....which I can see, but I'm still feeling bummed.
On a personal level, this one is hard because my daughter starts kindergarten next year, and this girl was my crutch to get me through the transition. I've had her the longest....she's the oldest...eager learner. She was my distraction to my guys both being gone.
Filling the spot is not a problem. I have many people who want it and I already know who it's going to and am happy about it. I just feel sad that I'm losing this one...I suppose I should learn that it's often going to be like that and expect to lost them at 4...if I get the final year, it's just a bonus :no:

Crayola kiddies
06-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Here's to new beginnings !!!! Good luck with your new one and enjoy your remaining time with the one moving on. Hugs ; )

michellesmunchkins
06-01-2012, 09:21 AM
I have one leaving too that I'm going to miss like crazy!!!!!!!!!! I think this is the hardest part of the job...getting attached and then having them go :(