PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

Mamma_Mia
06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Monday (tomorrow) is day 1 with my new dcg....8 months old!! Yikes! I almost forget what it's like to care for a baby :laugh:

Naps, eating every 3 hours, bottles etc.

She's not crawling yet so that makes it a bit easier LOL

I'm hoping and PRAYING she wont cry (much).....lets see!

ahhhhhhhhhh :woot:

Skysue
06-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Hoping and praying for you! She should be fine as at this age they adjust fast!

Inspired by Reggio
06-04-2012, 06:06 AM
I started a wee one that age in February - time flies and before you know if they are old pros to daycare ... I find they adjust better the younger they are!

Enjoy the snuggles - I love the wee ones!

jec
06-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Sending you some positive vibes that today is going to be great!!
I love the little ones too ~ easy and full of cuddles!

Sandbox Sally
06-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Positive vibes from me too, hon!! Update us!

I have TWO inquiries for part time turning into full time for infants...Yipes. I am nervous. ;)

Mamma_Mia
06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
So......it's been a 50/50 day so far. She's easy to feed & eat and sleeps on her own. When shes in my arms or lap shes all babble and smiles....and super cute! Chunks is my nickname for her :P

Put her down to tend to my DD or walk away = DEAR LORD! It's such an angry cry..no, scream and LOUD! I've visited with her & mom and mom doesn't hold her, she lets her play independently. Even if I'm sitting right by her she freaks out (not ONE tear mind you) and gets purple! She'll put a teething toy and gnaw at it then cryyyyyyyyyy, stop look at toy coooo and cryyyyyyyyy stop look at me smile then cryyyyyyyyyy etc.

I didn't give in......but am I doing it right for a 8mos old? Is she too young to understand or keep on it? I'll sit by her, she has plenty of toys in her reach, dry diaper, fed etc. I know she's teething BADLY but I don't think I shoud pick her up. Please tell me I'm not being an evil witch with the baby...LOL I'll go get her now! :laugh:

Oy vey!

Mamma_Mia
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I also keep telling myself it's DAY 1......give it time..

Momof4
06-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Yes, I hope for your sake it does get better each day. I would rather start a little infant than a 2 year old! Just my opinion.

Inspired by Reggio
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
My newest is a nasty teether ~ cutest kid and happy but when he is in pain OMG the angry sound of his cry is horrible - I cave and hold him cause if helps which makes me wonder if the pain causes anxiety as well which causes the scream cause otherwise picking him up would not help .... however I know he is capable of playing happily when WELL so it is not that pick me up cause I am spoiled cry - its an honest I am lost and need you cry even though it sounds angry too.

Gotta do what your comfortable with - crying creates a physical stress response in me so I admit I do everything in my power to help children stay calm in program specially when wee ... i start teaching sign language ASAP so they can tell me they want milk food diaper cuddles and as they get older they do not cry cause we develop others communication strategies - crying is just not an option if I can find an alternative to avoiding it :o :o

jec
06-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I"ve had my newest addition JUST give me a few great days after one month.
It's worth the time if your working with a great family and...that the little one does start to show signs of adjusting ;)

Mamma_Mia
06-04-2012, 04:03 PM
however I know he is capable of playing happily when WELL so it is not that pick me up cause I am spoiled cry - its an honest I am lost and need you cry even though it sounds angry too.

This is what I figure too. I mentioned to mom at PU that we had some rough moments but all-in-all she was great! Mom did say she freaks out if no one is in eye sight. Mom then turned to baby and said "we have to practice more alone play this week, missy" I'm starting to really like them! HAHA I also suggested Camilia, I used it with my daughter and it was night/day moments!

mom-in-alberta
06-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't know that I would physically pick her up, that's a whole other habit. But some physical reassurance, like a back rub, or sitting right by her with your legs touching or some such thing.
Sounds like mom is great, so far!! Best of luck... :D

Mamma_Mia
06-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks Mom-in-Alberta.....I don't want her to be crying but Im also not able to carry her around all day, and knowing that mom doesn't either backs up my 'feelings'.

It was only day one - next week I'll have her all day Wed & Thurs. I know she's just a baby so I don't just leave her there crying. I made sure she could see me at all times, if I was prepping food she was w/ toys on the kitchen floor, or living room or playroom etc. I would sit by her and play but unless she was ON my lap she'd cry (little bugger). I'm going to continue to do this and see how she does....I also already heard the difference of her cries. Between the Grrr one and Help one, when it was a help one (like when my DD accidently dropped the baby gate, she got starttled) I'd hold her. When she calmed down I'd put her back down to pay.......Fingers crossed!