PDA

View Full Version : Budget planner

jec
06-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Does anyone have a great budget and or way to seperate the way you know what is bought for daycare verses what is in your fridge for your own family.
Does everyone just buy for their daycare seperate and put aside and or how do you figure out costs?

michellesmunchkins
06-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I buy it all together (daycare and family each week all on one bill). I keep all my receipts and each year my accountant takes a percentage of all of it and applies it to the daycare. I don't remember how much of it applies but I think its a pretty good chunk.

I found it too much work to buy everything separate and it ended up costing more that way.

jazmic
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I wish there was a website where you could have a budget planner, receipt generator, invoice generator, and a whole bunch of other things that would make the administration side of things easier! Does anyone know of such a thing that is cheap and geared toward daycare providers?

Inspired by Reggio
06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I took an average menu and figured out the cost per day per child and write that off - I keep ALL my receipts to be able to back up my math ... so last year I had receipts for groceries totalling just on $20,000 and I wrote off just on $8000.00 for daycare which left $12,000 for my family of 2.5 which IMO is a reasonable split considering sometimes the 5 kids eat more at a meal than my spouse and I do ;)

jec
06-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I have all my recites but I have a new accountant and not sure if I should tell him to just do a % of the total....

playfelt
06-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I buy it altogether then divide by meals served to family and daycare. Right now it is 50% daycare but it used to be 40-60 when my own kids were at home and 30-70 when my son was in his teen growth spurt playing sports phase - so don't miss those food bills.

Cocoon
06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I also buy all together and keep all my receipts. Right now I have 4 dck's and they eat more then me and my husband. I don't know how much to write off. Last time our accountant did and I have no idea how much he wrote off. I'm planning on doing my taxes this year so it would be nice to know how much I can write off.