PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New here :)

2boys1girl
06-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been on daycarebear.ca previously to find daycare for my own children and I am now starting my own (RLNR) daycare this summer. I have been 'lurking' on the messages boards for about a month getting advice and lots of ideas. I am sure I will have a lot of questions as I am just starting out but I think I am in the right place :)

michellesmunchkins
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Welcome! :)

Skysue
06-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi welcome! Curious what is a RLNR daycare vs an at home daycare? How do they differ?

Sue

2boys1girl
06-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Sue, an RLNR (Registered License Not Required) daycare is an in home daycare but a license is not required as this type of daycare can only have a maximum of two children or one sibling group in addition to the provider's own children. An LNR (License not required) daycare doesn't have to be registered with the CCRR (Child Care Resource and Referral) but I chose to become registered for my peace of mind and the parents peace of mind. The CCRR will check up on me by doing unannounced visits to inspect my daycare similar to a licensed daycare, requires I and everyone over 12 years old have a current criminal record check, I have my current first aid/cpr cert, and I have to take 20 hrs of classes in my first year then a minimum of 2 workshops per year. They are also a great resource for me as a provider and they also provide me with referrals. This is all for BC. I am not sure if it is different in other provinces :)

Inspired by Reggio
06-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Welcome and congratulations on your new endeavor!

Skysue
06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I am not licenced and I do all those things except have people come to inspect my home. I'm in Ont and I follow all the day home rules by law. Which allows me to have 5 kids plus my own.

Momof4
06-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the site and to a great career.