PDA

View Full Version : Which thermometor to purchase?

Cookie
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm wondering which thermometor you would recommend (or not recommend!) for a home daycare? They range in price by so much and I'm just not sure which one to purchase. TIA!

sunnydays
06-06-2012, 12:17 PM
I use the kind that you swipe over the forehead. I bought it for my own kids, but it has come in really handy for the daycare as it is quick and easy to take their temperatures and nobody complains as you don't have to stick anything in their ears, mouths or armpits. It wasn't cheap, but for me it is worth it for ease of use and accuracy. In fact, when I feel someone has a fever and I have to check, all the other kids want me to check theirs too...so I do..it takes only seconds :)

Dreamalittledream
06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
I use the kind that you swipe over the forehead. I bought it for my own kids, but it has come in really handy for the daycare as it is quick and easy to take their temperatures and nobody complains as you don't have to stick anything in their ears, mouths or armpits. It wasn't cheap, but for me it is worth it for ease of use and accuracy. In fact, when I feel someone has a fever and I have to check, all the other kids want me to check theirs too...so I do..it takes only seconds :)
I must be so behind the times; I've never heard of this! What brand? I'll try to google it.

sunnydays
06-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I can't remember what brand it is, but I got it at Shopper's Drug Mart and I went with the cheaper brand (store brand maybe?) and it works really well :) If you go with an ear one, you have to get replacement tips for it dur to sanitary reasons. This one only every touches the forehead, so no worries :)

Dreamalittledream
06-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks! I snapped one up on Amazon.com for $10 (I'm so lucky to be in a border town!).