PDA

View Full Version : School aged kids

mom-in-alberta
06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey folks. I was wondering what activities are a hit with your school aged children? I have found some fantastic websites with ideas, but would love some "We tried this and..." type of advice.
I don't want to structure too much in for my B/A program (as others have pointed out, they were just in school for 6 or 7 hours!) but I am thinking more of the days when I have kids on PD or holiday days.
I have some themes loosely planned, as well. Suggestions?

Dreamalittledream
06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Great question! I too would love some ideas. I have a 5 year old boy & 8 year old girl joining me this summer while all of my littles are off (teachers children). It's going to be strange, I think. I think our pool & trampoline (which the others don't even get to look at!) will get a workout this summer:)

Crayola kiddies
06-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Well depending on the age ... Splash pads are good, also you can create a scavenger hunt by hiding some items in your yard, you could give them some buckets and get them to wash the out door toys, baking on rainy days is also nice cause them they can eat it afterwards, micheals ( not sure if you have that in AB) craft store often has great ideas on sale ... They can make their own stepping stone to take home and put in the garden, or stained glass to hang in the window. Makes a big difference how they are (do they think they are too cool for crafts) and if girls or boys ...girls tend to be more crafty while boys tend to prefer to be kicking the soccer ball around or building forts .... Although my own jk girl loves to dig in the garden for worms and chase
butterflies.....