PDA

View Full Version : What present you've got or give on your first wedding anniversary?

Cocoon
06-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Our first year wedding anniversary is in July and both our birthdays are in this month too. I want to buy him something unusual and want to surprise him but I have no idea what to buy. He needs couple of shirts but it's not really a present is it? If I don't buy he have to buy himself anyway. So my question is what did you buy for your hubby on your first anniversary? By the way, we are not keen on kinky stuff :laugh:

Thanks in advance girls :)

Sandbox Sally
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
It's summer. Book a weekend in Niagara Falls. They often have great deals on Kijiji Daily Deals

Mamma_Mia
06-07-2012, 08:31 PM
mmm....I was 4mos pregnant with DD :-)

We both got a hour long massage and when I got home he surprised me with long stem roses...we later went to eat at a high end steak house. Thats was it!

Lou
06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
A hot air balloon ride over the city :)

Cocoon
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Alphaghetti, we actually wanted to go there for our honeymoon but we couldn't. We had some health and money problems than. I would love to go there but maybe not this year but next. Hopefully, next year we will be in a better situation then this year.

Mamma_Mia, hubby was complaning about his foot maybe I will get him a foot massage:)

Lou, where can I find the info. on hot air balloon ride? It seems like another good idea!

Thank you girls for all your great ideas.

jazmic
07-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Sundance balloons have operators across the country, I think...

Cocoon
07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Jazmic, Ive just checked the Sundance balloons and the reviews are terrible. I think I will pass on them :) thank you for suggestion though.

By the way, our wedding anniversary had passed and I've got an iPad (my laptop was driving me crazy ) I didnt like iPads but the more I use it the more I like it now although, I don't like the auto spelling :(

I gave him Bocelli's and Michael Bubble's cd's and he was over the moon.:)

kidlove
07-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I say take the cheaper route and buy something "hot" to wear and give him a night to remember. He can hold that in his memory bank for a looooooooong-time. :wub: Men seem to enjoy THAT alot more than material gifts. Unless you are like super woman an do that already! lol

kidlove
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
just realized your first post was back in june. ooops, save it for 1 1/2 yr anniv. ha ha

Lou
07-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Sorry I never got back to you on this!!! We did our hot air balloon ride through Sundance and don't have anything negative to say about it! We had a blast and our pilot was hilarious.

Littledragon
08-08-2012, 06:56 AM
The "traditional" first wedding anniversary gift is paper. I bought my husband tickets to a hockey game - tickets-paper lol and I wrote him a poem and framed it.

Montisanto
07-11-2019, 07:29 AM
There's something that can help you with choosing the right gift: https://www.poptop.uk.com/blog/getting-the-wedding-gift-list-right/ There are so many options for that, I cannot even mention all of them here!

taha16
11-07-2019, 05:36 AM
Well i gifted my wife with a loft in toronto (https://torontocondoteam.ca/toronto-lofts) on her wedding day because it was a perfect fit for 2 people starting their journey.

sakido
04-02-2020, 06:13 AM
it is very importent for me too
thanks

Sommerseth
06-18-2020, 07:49 AM
Tickets to Las Vegas!

MonickaFalls
10-26-2021, 03:51 PM
I'm not married yet, but planning it. My girlfriend wanted to visit Paris and I think this is the place where I will propose to her. I thought about the ring for a long time and finally found something that would fit her perfectly. I found the engagement rings vancouver (https://luxurydiamonds.ca/pages/engagement-rings) store and liked the assortment. Thanks to the operator from the support, I found what I needed. Now I am preparing for Day X. Wish me luck!

alisha
10-28-2021, 11:51 PM
To buy something unusual as a present is really difficult. To be honest, I didn't even remember what gift I got. But I remember that we went to the restaurant