PDA

View Full Version : Clients re-sign every year??

jec
06-11-2012, 05:36 AM
It seems that quite a few providers get their daycare families to re-sign contracts at the beginning of every year a family is with them.
Just wondering if you ladies do that and why- just seems like an extra step in their already busy schedule.
I'm always learning and growing as a business owner and love to hear how I can improve my business. Just inquiring as to the reasons. I never do something just because it seems to be the thing to do.

I send out sick policies beginning of cold and flu season and send out emails to my daycare families to see if any contact info has changed for me to make changes in contract if need be. Just wondering if I'm missing something that I should be doing in regards to getting them to sign a new contract each year.

Thanks ladies- Happy Monday, have a great week

Crayola kiddies
06-11-2012, 07:07 AM
I do it because it gives me a chance to update my policy book .... Add new things, take out things, reword ect and it gives current families a chance to read over the handbook once a year and refresh themselves with the basics.

Inspired by Reggio
06-11-2012, 07:20 AM
I review my handbook and contract annually - however I only make them resign their contract if I change anything 'financial' in it because I want my contracts for each business year to match my income statements - this is also why I choose to have my rates go from January 1 - December 31 same as a tax year cause it is just easier for record keeping - I do not need to keep two copies of contracts in a tax year reflective of each 'rate' - just need the one.

My handbook is separate from my contracts so I can change that without needing to change the financial contract - I just send them an updated PDF of it for their records.