PDA

View Full Version : Do you give a package to each family you interview?

Starshine
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm just curious as to what other providers are doing. When you have an interview with a family, do you send them home with your package (handbook/registration forms/etc)? I have been doing this and then I don't hear back from these people. I guess it's a bit of a petty issue, but it does cost money to print all that stuff. I go over the information in the handbook with them during the interview, and generally they ask to take it with them, but then end up going with a different provider. Ah, I guess I'm just frustrated with not hearing back from people.

Mamma_Mia
06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
I feel the same way and am interested in hearing some suggestions...

Dreamalittledream
06-12-2012, 04:28 AM
I actually email it all out after a phone interview and prior to the in person interview, along with a short video of our play spaces. I find otherwise, they are spending my time reading the documents during the interview. Once we've both confirmed it's a good fit then they get a hard copy & forms to initial/sign for the file. Hope that helps:)

Inspired by Reggio
06-12-2012, 06:02 AM
All of my contract and policy stuff is available to 'view' on my website or sent electronically - I only provide a printed out a package when someone confirms they are going to accept the spot and comes with the deposit in hand ... I do not want to be wasting paper to just 'anyone'...I do not print out my handbook at ALL anymore - I have a hard copy here for reference and interviews and I have an electronic PDF version on my members only section of my website for clients to refer to from home if needed and if THEY want to print it out at home so be it - but IME more often than not it gets lost in its paper format so this way there is an easy to find version for them from any computer.

michellesmunchkins
06-12-2012, 06:04 AM
I email my handbook to potential families before the in person interview. I don't give out any of my forms until they say they want a spot. I then send my forms via email, they print and return to me with their deposit. I've only ever had one person complain about having to print it themselves, but they complain about everything lol

gcj
06-12-2012, 08:29 AM
I play it by ear. If I know it's a NO for me, then I don't bother. I just say, I have more interviews and I'll let them no ASAP...no papers. If it's a maybe or better, I give them some of it. The stuff that they may want to review to get a better understanding about my daycare before they make their decision... Once someone confirms, then I give out ALL they need to know.

loulou
06-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I've been giving them out as people have been asking. I'm going through so much ink though! I love the idea of emailing them first- thanks for the suggestions!

Sandbox Sally
06-12-2012, 11:56 AM
I email it too. I only get them to print it off if and when they are coming to drop off the deposit. :)

playfelt
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I stopped emailing my contract out because I got caught with two new caregivers who just wanted the info. You get a copy at the interview along with the forms that need to be signed and brought back. I used to charge a $50 registration fee that helped to pay for the package as well as change mat, bibs, etc for the new child but stopped doing that when I started collecting a deposit.

Momof4
06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I email my contract and medical forms to parents after the interview with my 'thank you for the interview' email.

I used to give it out in the beginning but the paper and ink that I was wasting bugged me a lot.

playfelt
06-12-2012, 08:47 PM
What I have been thinking of doing is giving my basic contract and info which would be about 7-11 pages and then when they come back to give the deposit then give them the forms to fill out that need to be brought back prior to fist day that outline their contact info, emergency numbers, about the child type stuff which is another 7-8 pages. At least that way too I am not giving anyone a set of forms they can use at the next house.