PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU wear?

loulou
06-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Just curious what other providers wear on a day to day with the children? I'd like to look some what professional but it's a bit unpractical.

Play and Learn
06-12-2012, 09:26 AM
I wear whatever is comfy! Yoga/dance pants, tshirts, sweats, shorts, etc.
I personally HATE jeans, so why wear them? I'm in the comfort of MY home, so I wear what I please.

Now, I won't wear short shorts, or shirts that are too low in the chest, or show off my ass....

michellesmunchkins
06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
jeans and t-shirts, capris and tank tops. Dress for comfort not professionalism...yo u'll only ruin your clothes eventually while playing in the dirt or doing crafts :)

Dreamalittledream
06-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Agreed; comfort & respectable neckline etc. (long shorts). I spend my day on my knees in the dirt, grass, getting paint, chalk, sand (& that's a good day!) on me...nothing fancy for sure (I love my yoga pants). Every Friday is PJ day for us...best day ever! We even go to the park in our PJs! My personal 'thing' is that (although I roll out of bed 15min. before my first arrival @6:45) I make sure I am dressed and ready for the day when my first arrives.

samantha3
06-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I wear what is comfortable and what I am ok with being destroyed, lol

I have never had any complaints from families... yet, lol

Dreamalittledream
06-12-2012, 11:10 AM
On your wish to appear professional; I once, early on when a parent arrived for pick up looked down at my pants and shirt...a mess with paint, dirt and chalk and apologized to the parent. Without issuing a beat she said "I would wonder if you all didn't look that way at the end of the day, it shows that they are having fun!". As long as you're not wearing ratty old things with holes in it or flashing the parents...I honestly don't imagine the parents even care what you're wearing. Your professionalism will shine through in the other things you do day to day.

Bookworm
06-12-2012, 11:28 AM
I agree with all the above posters. I wear what is comfy, but modest, and what I don't mind getting ruined. By the end of every day, what ever I am wearing is dirty. No exceptions. Why ruin perfectly good clothes everyday? In the summer I usually wear yoga caris, or bermuda shorts (the length is just above the knee), and a fitted tshirt (nothing too low). That way, I don't look frumpy, but I'm ready to get messy with the kids!

Sandbox Sally
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
None of my clothes have holes or stains, but I too dress for comfort. I have about 800 pairs of black stretchy pants. In the winter I wear long ones with long sweaters, and in summer, I wear short ones with tank tops. Easy peasy. :)

apples and bananas
06-12-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm the same. I wear my comfy clothes. My parents are often jealous of my work attire since they have to be in skirts and dress pants all day. On the rare morning I have a 6am drop off I show up the door in my jammies for sure! If you're here earlier then 7... You see my jammies.

Spixie33
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Usually I wear jeans and a shirt. I try to wear something not too nice but not too sloppy.

I usually never wear a white top during daycare though. It is a lot of dark colours

Mamma_Mia
06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
I wear everything, dresses, shorts, jeans, leggings etc. and in many colours.
Today for example: I'm wearing my white denim capris with a terquoise top....yesterday I had my skinny jeans on with a red tank top....tomorrow I might wear my maxi dress...

This to me is comfy, so I wear it. I don't do my makeup everyday but I do if we're going to playgroup....I'm not a big accessories person though. I also wear mostly flats....sandals, flip flops, ballerina slippers & my runners.....SOMETIME S I'll wear a wedge but that's if I have like 2 'older kids'.... my hair is 70% in a pony or the rest flat ironed. :D Just be you!

p.s. My shorts are mostly bermuda ones & I also make sure my tops dont show if I bend down and if wearing leggings bum is covered with a tunic.....and I do NOT show "middle-skin" I had a pair of pants that got looser throughout the day (drove me nuts) the second I felt that I that I was showing any skin or panties :laugh: I'd change asap.

Inspired by Reggio
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I think 'professional attire' depends a lot on the industry - I would not expect my plumber to show up in dress slacks and a white shirt and tie but at the same time I do not want to see his CRACK while he is working cause that is unprofessional ;)

Same goes for us ... we are expected to be down on the floor with the children, bending and lifting and cleaning up messes, engaged in creative art and sensory fun and other messy things ... our attire should ensure that we are able to do this with comfort and ease ... so for me that is generally loose fitting pants either yoga pants, leggings or comfy jeans. If I am taking the kids to the splash pad or outside for water play I wear a one piece 'skort' style bathing suit that can get wet and dry with ease but it covers the same amount of me as my shorts and a tank top would while allowing me to 'work' with the children without concern .... comfort and professionalism can go hand in hand ;)

jec
06-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm all about the yoga pants ( although they have never seen a yoga class :laugh: )
Tank tops for summer and t-shirts for winter. Nothing has holes or torn or look like I picked them off the floor. I live for clean and tidy comfort!

Dreamalittledream
06-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm all about the yoga pants ( although they have never seen a yoga class :)!
I was going to say the same about mine;)

Momof4
06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Jeans & a comfy shirt every single day. Some days I have to change my shirt after lunch because I'm such a mess but none of the parents have ever asked me why, haha. Am I going to be uncomfortable when I'm this busy? No way!

Mamma_Mia
06-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't own yoga pants!
If my a$$ is getting this big with jeans I do not want to see where it would go with stretchy pants!! :laugh:

momof2cuties
08-14-2012, 11:13 AM
It's warm here so it's jean capri's or modest shorts everyday! If it's a little cooler it's yoga pants, tanks, and t-shirts! You can still look good in yoga pants and jeans :) Keep it casual, clean and comfortable is my motto! If you don't have little tiny ones tugging and your earnings and necklace you can add some simple accessories and tada!

mimi
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Clean, comfy and modest. My look says professional, but willing to get dirty! If I can, I will usually change into clean T for pick ups. Oh and can't live with our my yoga pants and capris!

giraffe
08-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I wear anything that is comfy and that I can move in.... it also needs to be somewhat snot and paint resisant. So usually yoga pants/jeans and a tee

Other Mummy
08-14-2012, 12:47 PM
I wear the uniform of choice amongst daycare providers.....Yoga pants, t-shirt or tank top :) If I really feel like dressing up.....a maxi dress :p