PDA

View Full Version : Update: Tough letter to mom

Cadillac
06-12-2012, 05:10 PM
So we had a meeting today.. . .

Mom has found another spot for the two siblings. . . . they will be leaving August first.

She seems to think that my problem was that I was unable to handle her child. I told her it was more of an uneven playing feild type thing and that her attention seeking is constant to the poit where I am unable to have a conversation with any other child.

She told me that when her child pulls that at home she goes to time out. I told her that if i were to do that then her child would sit in time out all day. she was ok with that. i wasn't.

She just didn't get it. not at all

but the kids are gone august 1.

I'm more happy to be rid of mom than the kids to tell the honest truth. the women is vindictive. . . . soooo vinditive

Skysue
06-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Shoot why wait until Aug 1st! :( That sucks for you!

Cadillac
06-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I know. She called back and said thatr she was going to try and move up the date so she wouldn't be 'making things difficult for me' or 'inconveiniencing me' but there's nothing she can do for the younger one so hopefully she isn't having any behaviour problems I can't handle.

It gives me plenty of time to find replacements and finish my new parent handbook aand say good-bye to the girls.

I was so close to saying I'd rather it be two weeks when she started 'giving me things to think about' but I'd rather the income than stoopto her level

Momof4
06-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Happy replacement interviewing Cadillac and I hope you find a great family and breathe easier without the problem family.

jazmic
06-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Wow. Weird. But it sounds like it might be for the best? Good luck with filling the spots! Hope you fill up quickly. :)

Mamma_Mia
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Ignore her little mean'girl comments and focus on the main BIG goal....they're leaving!!

Cadillac
06-13-2012, 12:06 PM
She changed her leaving date to two weeks from now. I'm so relieved. Six weeks of angry mom would have been hell!!!!
I've already got two interviews lined up.
I've been stressed for months now. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted
Thanks everyone

Inspired by Reggio
06-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Oh sending you quick replacement vibes .... it is tough when they do not want to 'hear' the problem or work on a solution that is 'realistic' ... honestly putting a child in time out all day because they are attention seeking ... um if this is what happens at home no wonder she is craving attention at daycare - that is a vicious cycle there!!!

Cadillac
06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
She IS her mother. . . . the poor thing.
I told one of my clients that they were leaving. She then finally got the courage to ask me what her (the mother's) problem was as she was very rude much of the time and that she didn't understand how I put up with her. LOL