PDA

View Full Version : Spring themed activities

admin
03-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi!

With Spring nearly around the corner, what kind of Spring themed activities do you have planned?

:D

bluesgirl17
03-15-2011, 09:16 PM
I went on to dtlk and printed off this mini book on flowers to colour and with my youngest one it will take a few days to do it. Oldest girl finished it today lol.

playfelt
03-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Usually start around Easter with easter chicks, bunnies, ducklings, and then move to other baby animals on the farm (where the bunnies, chicks, and duckies live) and then from there move to out behind the farm where there are big gardens (planting seeds, growing flowers (Mother's Day - flowers for mom), worms, etc.) then beyond the garden and the farm there is a meadow with a big pond (insects, butterflies, frogs, turtles, fish - Father's Day). That pretty much takes us to June. When we are doing the farm animals we will sometimes do other animals too by comparison so deciding if giraffes and elephants live on the farm or somewhere else.

Spixie33
04-15-2011, 01:12 PM
I went on to dtlk and printed off this mini book on flowers to colour and with my youngest one it will take a few days to do it. Oldest girl finished it today lol.

Sorry but what website is dtlk?? Mind is blank. A flower book would sound like fun

shelleya
04-15-2011, 01:33 PM
If you are looking for some spring ideas feel free to take a look at my blog page. I update it every few weeks with new theme/season based craft ideas and activities as well as experiences from around our playroom! Enjoy! shelley-butterfliesandmudpie s.blogspot.com

shelleya
04-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Here is the link to the "DTLK" website. http://www.dltk-holidays.com/summer/crafts.htm

Spixie33
04-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Here is the link to the "DTLK" website. http://www.dltk-holidays.com/summer/crafts.htm

Thanks Shelley :)

Spixie33
04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
If you are looking for some spring ideas feel free to take a look at my blog page. I update it every few weeks with new theme/season based craft ideas and activities as well as experiences from around our playroom! Enjoy! shelley-butterfliesandmudpie s.blogspot.com

Nice blog. Love the ideas on there like the paperplates& food colouring out in the rain.

mamaof4
04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Check out Kaboose.com for some fun kids activities. I love crafts and so do my kids.. now I need a place to store them

Spixie33
04-18-2011, 10:36 AM

Oh...one more question for you Shelley.

I love the idea u said about baking a RAINBOW lemon cake, then poking holes in it and then pouring different coloured jello over the cake. You said that the cake would then cool in the fridge and the jello would get firm and make nice rainbows in the cake when cut.
Dumb question but I am not taking chances....what size are these holes and what are you poking them with??

Spixie33
04-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Check out Kaboose.com for some fun kids activities. I love crafts and so do my kids.. now I need a place to store them

I will look that up. Thanks Mama