PDA

View Full Version : Bring in the girls.....lol

Mamma_Mia
06-14-2012, 08:03 AM
SO pt-dcb (who stood around all day and if eye contact was made would have a melt down) is staying home with older siblings during the summer!! and I will be "full" come September <wink wink> to which I will let mom know in August. Oh and no they didn't want to pay to hold their spot, so they know their options...

Anyways, 8mos old was here for two days this week, yesterday & today. I woke up this morning and my arms are SO sore!!! She's getting 'better' with the freak-outs. Yesterday I had to go get dcg & DD from nap so I put her on the floor, she wailed....then stopped. The girls came into the room and she was good! I hid in the corner then ran into the kitchen when she wasn't looking. (I felt like a spy heehee) I then sat on the couch but didn't make eye contact.....she would look at me (I could see from the corner of my eye) start lip quivering but stop.....then I timed it wrong :cursing: and made eye contact...DEAR LORD she freaked out! LOL It was like she said "You can see me now!" :laugh:

I have to get this kid on check....in August I'll be taking in a 1yr old!

SO that will be 4 little girls....the biggest tom-boy growing up will have 4 hairs, pink overload each day LOL

Crayola kiddies
06-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm the opposite I have four boys ( all 2 :o And one is mine)and one girl and I'm bringing in a girl in the fall. the tides might be changing

apples and bananas
06-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm all boys and one girl... and the girl is as close to a tom boy as I've ever seen. I have 2 mom's pregnant, niether are finding out the sex... I'm praying for Girls!!! I like pink. :)

playfelt
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
I have three boys - all entering JK age leaving this summer and I am so done with boys for this year. Love these boys to death but if they don't soon go it will be the death of me for sure. There comes a point when their activity level just doesn't jive with a home environment and some sort of decorum. When my son had his friends over for playdates it was the same but it was for the day not the month. I will have two girls left in care turning 2 and 3 and just starting into the dollies mode. It will be nice to have that as the focus for the year with whatever babies I take in setting the mood for next year. Stereotyping for sure but I am looking forward to better story times, circletimes where it was hard to focus the boys for the last few months on anything that wasn't cars, monster trucks or ram it bam it type play.

sunnydays
06-14-2012, 02:15 PM
yay for girls! I have 4 boys pus my own son and then my daughter...thank goodness for her! She is barely 2 and already helping me with the little ones :) Looking forward to the baby girl who starts with me in the fall...yes, girls do bring a different sort of energy from boys. Boys are great, but I understand how Playfelt feels ;)

Spixie33
06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
My daycare kids are 3 girls and 1 boy and I love the days where it is only the girls. LOVE !!
Sigh. Sadly all the inquiries and people interested these days all have boys. A girl seems nary to be found. I think I did 5-6 interviews in April and they were all for boys and even my current dilemma of which family to go with is all about 3 different families with boys.

Who took all the girls ??!?? lol ;)

samantha3
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I know how you feel!!! I have five boys!! Ahh, what was I thinking!! It will be changing soon though as I have a few moms going on mat leave and starting in Sept it will be 3 girls and 2 boys! I can hardly wait!

playfelt
06-14-2012, 06:00 PM
The sad part is that at about this time next year I will be saying help save me from these princess divas. Give me back my boys who didn't give a rat's whatever about what we did or how we did it. So my goal will be to take in two boys and one girl to replace the three. Although sex will be the last criteria used in choosing who gets the places it will be interesting to see what comes my way. So far it is about 50-50 with contacts although the ones with girls seem more interested or more compatible but time will tell.

Momof4
06-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I have always had a good balance since I started out, either 2 boys and 3 girls or vice versa. I like the mix because the personalities vary so much. Right now I have 2 girls and they are both toughies and 3 boys and 2 of the boys are the ones who cry at the drop of a hat and are super sensitive. Kids are so funny.

playfelt
06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I like having one of each sex the same age to play together as it seems to balance out the play the best in that they play dollies and cars but when they do they play with less intensity on either side.