PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes parents are awesome!

gcj
06-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Just thought that this is cute and I wanted to share. I needed tomorrow afternoon off for a trip to Toronto to visit my family. My usual replacement wasn't availabe, nor the next eight people that I tried. Finally, the grandmother of one of my kids (well, 2..brother and sister) said she'd love to do it and since they're the last to leave, the mom will come in and close up the house for the weekend and lock up behind her.
Nothing like having a daycare family take care of the kids then lock up behind themselves so you can start your weekend early! :p

Crayola kiddies
06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Woohoo ..... Yay for you that's awesome .... Have a great weekend

Cadillac
06-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Thats so nice. I remember when my fiance got electricuted and I had to rush to the hospital. One parent insisted on driving me and aanother parent insisted on staying until the other parents came. So nice to have the support!

Inspired by Reggio
06-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow that is awesome support network you've got there!

My spouse would NEVER agree to that for me though cause he has major trust issues ... he got pissy during our kitchen renovation because I still took the kids to the park and left the property with the crew working in the house:rolleyes:

gcj
06-14-2012, 01:59 PM
This is a great family that have been here for 3 years and during the summer when I'm closed each year, they come visit us at a campground where we spend the summer...so that's the only reason that my husband is trusting them! :laugh:

Momof4
06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Wow, you are a trusting soul and a sweetheart! I would just tell everybody, sorry I'm closed for the day.

gcj
06-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I had a few things coming up within a week or so of eachother....end of the year school shows, preschool graduation.... there would have been too many closures. This grandma saved my butt :D