PDA

View Full Version : Ride on storage ideas?

Dreamalittledream
06-14-2012, 09:47 AM
My ride-ons (I have 6) seem to be reproducing at night and taking over the floor of our garage....any ideas on how to store them without piling them on top of each other? I have a big toy bin that takes care of he small stuff, but the ride ons....going to run out of room for our car soon;)

Crayola kiddies
06-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I was at a daycare once and they had their ride one stored and a shelf in the garage that was built on a 45 degree angle with a two x four along the bottom to stop the toys from rolling off the shelf. They only had a one car garage so It was built high enough that you park the car but low enough to be able to reach with out a step stool or ladder.

Mamma_Mia
06-14-2012, 12:45 PM
I would even think to add those screw on hooks that are used for bikes or ladders etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-LARGE-Heavy-Duty-LADDER-HOOK-Jumbo-Storage-Holders-Shed-Garage-Storage-Bike-/310346048919

playfelt
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
My rideons are piled on top of each other but when I do I am carful not to be putting pressure on the handles or whatever. We bought one of those rubbermaid I think but it was designed to hold two garbage cans and the lid lifts up and the front opens as two doors. Well it was meant to fit cans that were shorter than the ones we have so I took it over for outdoor toy storage. I can open the door and drive in the big things and then close them and lift the rest over then close the lid. All the ride ons, the balls, etc are all in there.

Just to add - the bin is stored in the playyard and the toys stayed in it unused all winter and they were fine come spring.