PDA

View Full Version : Toy storage and rotation

Daycare123
06-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Hey everyone!

I have my daycare on it's own self-contained floor, which means my house has very little storage now. How do you ll store extra toys that aren't out? Do you keep a lot of 'extra toys' to rotate? I need some advice!

Thanks!

ECE53
06-18-2012, 07:25 AM
I have a walk in closet with floor to ceiling shelves. I keep toys we are not using in Ikea bins and rubbermaids, I then rotate them out into more attractive lined wicker baskets for use in the family room and playroom. I can do at least three rotations before we see the same toys again.....

Crayola kiddies
06-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I also have a designated daycare space and I purchased four pantry cupboards from Canadian tire and I arranged the cupboards with specific toys and I have child licks on them and each day i open a different cupboard.

playfelt
06-18-2012, 08:07 AM
I took the long wall in the playroom and put up shelves the length of it. Extra toys store up there. Some are in bins or boxes and others are out for quick switches according to child interest - ie barn goes up and castle comes down - as in we switch out according to desire.

Dreamalittledream
06-18-2012, 11:17 AM
I also have a designated daycare space and I purchased four pantry cupboards from Canadian tire and I arranged the cupboards with specific toys and I have child licks on them and each day i open a different cupboard.
This is such a great idea! I think of your idea everytime I see pantry's on sale...someday I will take the plunge;)

Momof4
06-18-2012, 11:21 AM
I bought a 6 foot cupboard with doors on the front so that everything is enclosed instead of open shelves where everything is visible. I have a lot of things inside a closet with a closed door. I still have a ton of things visible which is a pain because I share my daycare room with my toyroom and I want my space back in the evenings and weekends.

Crayola kiddies
06-18-2012, 12:06 PM
@dream .... Yes I bought mine on sale for sure .... I started with one just to see how it was when assembled and I loved it so we went back and got two more and I still had extra toys so we got a fourth and I put certain things on the top shelf that need supervision like play dough( I don't want that all over my carpet) and I can put child locks on the handles and at the end of the day the doors are shut and it nice and tidy ..... I have had many compliments on my daycare space. So go for it when they are on sale next.

Inspired by Reggio
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I have purged many of my toys over the years to be honest and opted for 'staples' in the playroom that are always out with a few things for rotation based on skill (aka puzzles of varying difficulty, some seasonally appropriate materials (aka Xmas, Halloween) and than invitations for the older crew - smaller manipulative things that only come out in the playroom when everyone is old enough OR during quiet times when the babies are sleeping - they are stored in a cupboard in the playroom) ... anything else I want for 'rotation' I will BORROW from the local toy lending library so that I am not having to STORE it!