PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Ottawa too!

daycare woman
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi all!
I'm also in Ottawa, Orleans actually. I've been doing daycare for 6 years. I love it and occassionally hate it! But I have to say its getting easier now, at least the children are! I'm also a member of ccprn. I've also taken the National Childcare Training Course. Lots of fun with everyone! We had a great group! I have 4 full time and am looking right now for another full time. I'm so happy we have this forum now! I always thought ccprn should at least set one up, however. I'm enjoying just reading!

playfelt
03-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi I am in Orleans too - Fallingbrook near St. Peter's High School. Member of CCPRN too. Love this site too - especially the fact it is Canadian. There are quite a few from Ottawa on this site.

Tot-Time
03-16-2011, 01:54 PM
I think there are some CCPRN groups (old network leaders started them) on facebook but they don't seem to have taken off too well.

I am from Ottawa too, but the opposite end :(

Nice to meet you, who knows we might have met at the CCPRN office. I attend some workshops. I am ECE so I haven't attended any of the National Childcare Training. If you enjoy felt maybe we can meet some day at one of Sharon's workshops. I am a Sharon groupie, lol.

playfelt
03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the workshop plug Nicole. Next one is set for Sat June 4 and will have a fish theme. Right now the plan is for a toddler oriented one in the morning and one in the afternoon that can go along with the book Rainbow Fish.

daycare woman
03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi Playfelt I'm sure we've probably met somewhere. I go to Charlemagne playgroup often with the kids. But your just down the street from me! I love your daycare website by the way!
I don't usually go into ccprn, way to far to drive, but that is where I took my training. I have to say it was lots of fun and info. Anyone going to Room to Bloom? I'll definatley think about the toddler workshop thanks!

playfelt
03-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Well then we will meet for sure because I will have my felt for sale over the lunch hour at Room to Bloom.

I did a workshop here at my house in Dec and we had 11 people so we have talked about doing more. I would like to have some more informal get togethers where we can work on whatever we are doing for our own groups. I just get more done when I have someone colouring and cutting too.

Don't take the kids out to playgroup because I have my own special needs child and she is too old for the group so not allowed to bring her. Only been three weeks since we have been out of the morning nap routine in a long time too.

sunnydays
03-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I am in Ottawa too, in Beacon Hill North. I just started doing daycare, so I am hoping to learn frmo all you seasoned providers :)

playfelt
03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
I am in Ottawa too, in Beacon Hill North. I just started doing daycare, so I am hoping to learn frmo all you seasoned providers :)

Ok so next area over. We really should find some time to get together and make stuff, discuss stuff, have tea whatever. More than willing to host since I don`t drive. I find getting to the CCPRN office just too hectic after a day of daycare so haven`t been to an evening workshop in ages. My group is little and not into crafts and so most of what I do is teaching resources for me to use with them. I do a lot of poems and figures and that is what I spend time colouring and doing. Been doing daycare for 25 years and so much has just fallen apart that I need to make new stuff. I keep telling myself I have amassed so many teaching resource books that instead of going to a workshop I need to just take the time to copy from my own books and make up what I already have. Anyone want to come and motivate me?

Tot-Time
03-17-2011, 09:02 PM
:crying: Sharon I don't want to be left out, but it is so difficult to get to your place through the week :crying:

Actually truthfully now I am hitting my busiest time of the year, so I don't have a whole lot of time on weekends either. But keep me posted if you get together just in case I can make it too ....

playfelt
03-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Sunday afternoons are usually my other time I play around in my "crafting space". Often Jennifer is here too.

Tot-Time
03-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Ok, keep me posted on a Sunday get together. Sunday is usually when Sammy has all her dance rehearsals for example even though tomorrow is march break she still dances from 11:30 - 3:30! Some Sundays she dances for 5 hours with only a 1 hour lunch break.

When Hubby is home it is easier to sneak away ;)

Tot-Time
03-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't have any plans on the 27 of the month??? Did anyone want to get together at Sharon's? (assuming Sharon is free and still willing to have us, lol)

playfelt
03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Let me get back to you the middle of the week, lol. Will depend on how many of my sickie germs have left the house - otherwise will keep me under quarentine. I knew it was only a matter of time considering what the daycare has had through here the last few weeks. What is your best free day later so people can choose or just in case the sneezing is still here. At least the fever is mostly under control.

Tot-Time
03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
April 10 is the only weekend I have free all of April. No free weekends in May, the next weekend is in June on the 26th. Starting now, I truly don't have much downtime until July. Now that doesn't mean I might not be able to squeeze some time in on a weekend that I have plans, those are just the weekends that I know 100% nothing is scheduled as of yet ;)

If Tom is away (never know when he will leave on a course) then I will have to do the Sammy dance driving which she can dance anywhere from 1 hour to 5 hours. I am looking into a child taxi, might invest in it. They will charge me $20 to take her to dance or $40 for a round trip. I called a taxi company and they wanted $60. If Tom goes away, I will certainly be looking into it :)

I personally don't care about cold germies, but tummy bug germies I try and avoid ;)

Polkaroo
03-14-2014, 07:05 AM
I'm in Ottawa too! I'm also a CCPRN member and although I always want to go to the workshops I'm always so tired!

I'm in the east end near Montfort Hospital. Not too far away! Would love to join you all! Please keep me posted and if I can I'd love to go.

Happy Friday !