PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Family!!!

michellesmunchkins
06-19-2012, 12:07 PM
So since we are always discussing our 'bad' experiences with families I wanted to share an awesome one. I have a daycare family who has a little girl who is 2. They have only been with me a few short months but they are wonderful. She brings baked goods for the daycare kids, gifts etc.

Today I received a message from her that totally blew my mind! I've never had a family like this. My 17 year old daughter is participating in the walk for ALS and is getting sponsors to raise money for this disease. This daycare family just offered to sponsor her, with enough money to meet the goal she set for herself!! How fantastic is that :)

Oh how I wish I could clone this family and their daughter. They make all the 'bad' stuff seem worthwhile when you get a chance to work with an awesome family!

Momof4
06-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm so glad you have this family Michelle. I do wish we could clone the really great families. But enjoy having a great one while it lasts.

mlc1982
06-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Great to hear. It is too bad there aren't more families around like this!

bright sparks
06-20-2012, 09:06 AM
I have a couple of fantastic families.

1 mother new I was amidst buying a house and new I was very excited. We ended up getting bumped and she new I was really bummed out about it even though I just took it in my stride and at pick up time she brought me a bottle of wine and some strawberries dipped in chocolate.

Another time this same family were again especially nice to me. It was last summer and I had dropped my son at the dentist where my husband had met him so I didnt have to wait. All the parents were fine with this as I have car seats for everyone and it was a better alternative for them than me finishing early or taking time off. There was plenty of time to get back for afternoon snack, outside playtime and pick up but a truck had overturned at the bottom of the skyway in Burlington. It took me about an hour and a half to even get off the streets of B.town and on to the highway as a result of this accident. I called each parent and said what had happened and that I would drop them all home as I couldn't be sure what time I would eventually get back. The parents were all very understanding and when I dropped off thanked me and that was the end of that. My last dck I dropped off was to this same great family and when I dropped off both parents were there and asked if I was ok and thanked me for dropped their daughter off. Dad ran off in to the house and came back seconds later with a bottle of wine. He told me he expected me to go home, put my feet up and finish the bottle lolol

This family always bring me tasty foods and new wines to try. I am very lucky :)

dodge__driver11
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Bright sparks makes me wonder how much wine they drink lol..I have one family who always brings food donations...fresh fruit, crackers, home made apple sauce etc...too, they always pay thier fees on time!~ Oh how I love them.

bright sparks
06-23-2012, 12:43 AM
You won't hear any complaints from me!! They always pay on time, drop off at a consistant time and collect on time and bring me wine. Life is good :)

Littledragon
06-25-2012, 01:08 PM
This is a great post! I am a culprit of talking only about the "bad" things that certain families offer. I am so bad, I think that people don't even realize I have more than one family lol

I have two other families and thus far, they are both amazing! I have a new little baby and her mom is great! She is always asking what she can do to make the transition easier. I gave her the schedule and she's been trying to follow it at home. When I texted her to ask what a certain cry meant, she said "sorry she's being so difficult" I was like NO she's being great. She always wants to do things that make it easier for me to take care of her child, which is fantastic. She is really great!

The other family is new, I haven't watched their child yet, but they have worked really hard to get their place, and they email me once a week to see if there is anything they can do to make the transition easier. I have a website, and I swear the dad memorized the website word for word lol I know they will be active in their child's care.

That's all that really matters to me - that the parents are active and participate in their child's care, that they take it seriously and communicate. That's all I ask. For parents to be similar in how I raise mine, and their children.

Great post!

michellesmunchkins
06-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks to her donation my daughter actually went over and above the goal she had to raise. So thankful for clients like these! :)