PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when...

Lou
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Just to be clear up front...I know that the kids have EVERY right to be here, and if I was Mom I would want to stay home too...

Dad (instead of Mom) dropped the kids off this morning and said that Mom was at home with a horrible flu (and has been all weekend) and then he proceeds to go into detail about stuff coming out of both ends constantly. Poor Mom...I know this...I'm not heartless!!! BUT a big part of me is wondering what the next week holds for their kids in my care...then the spreading throgh the other kids. Can anyone say Lysol???? :unsure:

Crayola kiddies
06-25-2012, 01:34 PM
LYSOL!!!!! ya I hear ya .... While mom is probably in no condition to be looking after the kids chances are they will get it .... Hand wash, hand wash, hand wash. Wipe down everything these kids touch and hopefully they cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing. Good luck

Sandbox Sally
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Yipes! YES this does sound scary....good luck. Hope you are all able to avoid it.

Inspired by Reggio
06-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Oh yes ~ this is the hard thing about the business ... I can empathize that if I had a place to ship them I would not want to have wee ones underfoot while sick so sending them to daycare as long as they are well 'makes sense' but from our perspective knowing that they may be 'brewing' something makes us edgy ... up your hand washing with for sure and I would make sure anything they put in their mouth gets a good 'wash' before being put back in the playroom!

Lou
06-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh don't worry I'm all over hand washing, and extra sanitizing!! LOL! Damn it I hate flus..is it horrible to say out loud that I hope she just has food poisoning??

apples and bananas
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I had a mom show up this morning, kids was sick Saturday, fine all day on Sunday and now the rest of the family has it. Mom's home sick today. I should have been concerned for her health and well being, but all I could do was worry about fevers and throwing up!!! LOL

DaycareLulu
06-25-2012, 04:52 PM
It does seem like there is a stomach flu going around Southern Ontario.