PDA

View Full Version : How many uses can you think of for...

skippy
06-25-2012, 01:27 PM
how many ideas can you come up with for these items:

hoola hoops
balls
tossing rings
skipping ropes

Inspired by Reggio
06-25-2012, 01:33 PM
We use hula hoops to 'define space' for children ~ so if they want to build blocks ALONE and do not want anyone knocking them over they will build with a hula hoop as a visual reminder to others do not come in here.

We also use the hula hoops as 'basket ball nets' where the kids will hold the hoop for another child and they take turns throwing balls through them

Balls are awesome for creating 'ramps / gullies' for the balls to roll down and around

My guys rarely skip with their ropes :rolleyes: They get used as limbo ropes, dog leashes, rodeo lassos, snakes, to hold up their 'fort blankets by tying them to trees.

sunnydays
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Love the hula hoop space definer idea! Thanks! I'll be heading off to buy some hoola hoops this weekend ;) One year into the daycare adventure I have had to hold myself back from buying everything all at once ;)

We use hula hoops to 'define space' for children ~ so if they want to build blocks ALONE and do not want anyone knocking them over they will build with a hula hoop as a visual reminder to others do not come in here.

We also use the hula hoops as 'basket ball nets' where the kids will hold the hoop for another child and they take turns throwing balls through them

Balls are awesome for creating 'ramps / gullies' for the balls to roll down and around

My guys rarely skip with their ropes :rolleyes: They get used as limbo ropes, dog leashes, rodeo lassos, snakes, to hold up their 'fort blankets by tying them to trees.