PDA

View Full Version : When It Rains - it pours

Spixie33
06-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I have to say that I wish it was always this easy to find families....But of course it is probably because I am full for the summer and the offers will dry up in the fall.:laugh::laugh:: laugh: here is what I am dealing with

I have 2 full time and 2 part time children....for the summer I have one of the JK kids coming back

I just started transitioning a 1 yr old who will be here until christmas when his mom goes on mat leave. That brings me to 3 full time and 3 part time (but not overlapping to over 5 per day)

In the last month - I had someone stop me at the bus stop, hop out of their car and ask if I have any openings....I had to say I was full

Then I had one of my son's friends recommend me to another family for their 18 mo old boy. I had to say I was full

Then yesterday I had a parent ask me if she can refer me for 2013 because she knows someone who is looking

and then this morning I was at a stop sign waiting for a male driver to go and he rolled down his window and asked if I did daycare and whether I had any openings.

Then I had someone call me on the phone today asking for a spot.

I am feeling like I could fill a centre at this point. lol:blink::blink::bl ink:

sadly I feel that in the fall/winter when I do have a spot open these people will all be somewhere else.

Inspired by Reggio
06-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Feast or famine for sure ~ I always keep their contact info 'just in case' cause I have had people who were in a 'it will do for now' arrangement and when I called they came and signed up but you are right generally for the most part when you finally have a spot they are committed elsewhere :(