PDA

View Full Version : I could just sit down and cry.

BlueRose
06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
So I had a great little girl all lined up to start on July 3. I just got an email from her mom, She put in her notice, they are going to travel (or so they say). They are going to still pay me $100 for the first week.
I just lost my first client and they haven't even started yet. I feel like crying.:crying:

sunnydays
06-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Well, on the bright side...given what I just told you about EI mat leave benefits, you may have just saved yourself from starting early for nothing! I seriously recommend you calling EI and asking them about the limitation on hours you can work before they cut you off...why start early if you are no better off? As for losing one...don't worry, you will get others and you will forget all about this one.

Inspired by Reggio
06-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Oh I agree ... everything in life happens for a reason ~ perhaps this is the universe gently nudging that you are suppose to still spend more time enjoying your mat leave before starting work again ... because once you are up and running full time taking time off gets challenging and taking another mat leave down the road even more so ... I personally would be enjoying the one I had if I was blessed to be having one!

BlueRose
06-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I am on hold with E. I. right now. its a 30 min wait. But I am going to talk to my husband about waiting to at least Oct. to start taking on kids. I would really like to spend more time with my kids.
I have to let my work know that I am quitting by mid sept. so if I can get two kids singed for Oct. by then I will be happy. My mat-leave is over in the middle of Oct. and my husband doesn't want me leaving the jobs until I have kids signed up. He doesn't fully understand how home daycares work.

crafty
06-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Similar thing just happened to me. Kinda makes me question the choices I've made. This is NOT an easy job and it's not an easy business to manage but it's what makes me truly happy. We have got to stick with it and be patient. As Reggio says, everything in life happens for a reason and I truly beleive it but it's nice to be reminded sometimes. Thanks for your post today Valerie E M C. I'm sure we will both be very succesfull. All the best to you and know that you are not alone!

BlueRose
06-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Crafty: I am sorry that this has happened to you as well. But it is nice to know its not just me. I hope some great kids come your way soon.

BlueRose
06-27-2012, 03:25 PM
so I called E.I. they said they would have to review my file to see what would happen. And put my payments on hold for 21 days. I think I am going to wait until October and enjoy my two boys.

jec
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
The ladies are right ~ everything happens for a reason. Enjoy your time with your kids.
Look at things in a different way- now you have time to fill your spots. I have typically found the fall an easier time to fill spots.
Good luck!

sunnydays
06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
So glad you called to get the information you need to make an informed decision. Enjoy the summer with your own kids and you can start interviewing for October now (I filed a spot for October months ago) and find that perfect family to start with :)

mimi
06-27-2012, 05:31 PM
You didn't lose them, they just decided to go in a different direction. Not your fault! This happens at least once to all of us.
I just did an interview last night for the most adorable 1 yr old girl. The mom and I had a great chat and all went well. She just emailed me and said she would be making her decision on the weekend. I would love to have this F/T child, however, if mom choses another d/c I will not beat myself up over it as I know it was a great meeting and I wouldn't change anything I said or did. Another client will come along as one well for you because through this forum we learn from each other how to run our great daycares. Starting up takes time, so relax and enjoy your kids and the phone will ring.:)

BlueRose
06-27-2012, 07:26 PM
After talking with my husband and having a nice hot bath. I have decided that I will not take on any kids until October and only at my full price. :)
This will be the best for me and my family. Thank you all for helping see this and for letting me know about E.I..
I am going to spend the rest of my leave with my boys and fixing up my daycare area and contracts.

Inspired by Reggio
06-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Congratulations on your choice Valerie ~ enjoy your mat leave and summer with your boys :)