PDA

View Full Version : I love when I find out parents said good things about me.

Toregone
06-29-2012, 06:44 PM
I have a 19 month old girl starting next week and her mom brought her for a couple hours of transition this afternoon. During the time she was here one set of parents came by to drop off payment for July, and another came to do pick up. During a few moments while I was away grabbing some water for kiddos indoors apperantly both sets of parents told my new parent how great I was and that she would love having me for a provider.

I didn't know about this until everyone but the new mom was left when she told me about it. Hearing these things just make me feel so happy that I made this choice. I fretted that I wouldn't like caring for other peoples children but I feel so fufilled and truly appreciated by the parents I have. What a great way to start a long weekend!

bright sparks
06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
So glad to hear some positive posts!!! Fantastic!!

Momof4
07-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I know what you mean. I worked outside the home for big companies all my life and never received proper thank you's because I was essentially just a number.

Now that I run a daycare I have never felt so appreciated and just receiving an email telling me how lucky a family is that they found me or something similar makes tears spring to my eyes and completely makes my day. When the parents ask the child to thank me for caring for them as they are going out the door it makes me happy. The little notes and gifts. It reinforces the fact that I'm doing a great job here.

Mamma_Mia
07-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Yay! I had a "positive words" moment today too!

My 8mos old lives about 10 houses away and I see them often during their walks. Today mom stopped by to say that they go to an early years center and during the circle introductions mom noticed name and age of a dcg who's starting next month. She confrmed with the dad that she IS the one coming to me...and then said "mamma_mia's been great with baby, we're so happy we've found her." Then the Dad sent me a email letting me know about the meeting as well and saying that it comforts them even more hearing this :D