PDA

View Full Version : When do you eat?!?!

Littledragon
07-04-2012, 08:52 AM
I just started my full daycare this week: three little ones plus my son. I have a two year old that doesn't nap in the morning and I am finding I am having a hard time taking time to eat. I usually ate during morning anfternoon naps - yesterday I didn't eat until 1:30. I was FAMISHED!

When do you guys eat and how?!

Yarnlover
07-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I eat lunch when the kids eat, I get them started and then usually munch on leftovers while they eat. If I need more time then I give the kids a homemade yogurt Popsicle, they love them and it takes a long time to eat them so win for them and win for me;)

Inspired by Reggio
07-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Good I have the opposite problem ~ I tend to eat when the kids eat so morning snack at 9 and nibble at lunch at noon while preparing and feeding them PLUS during nap time and than nibble again with them at 3 :o

You have to definitely MAKE time for a break ~ I am taking my tea break now while they are all contained at the table and exploring with some rainy day play doh.

apples and bananas
07-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I have everyone down for a nap by noon then I make my lunch. I try to get everyone on the same sleep schedule as soon as I can! If they need a morning nap still then I tend to do it as early as I can and put off the regular afternoon nap to 1:30 so I have at least some time to myself.

I also keep grapes handy to munch on if I don't think I'm gonna make it.

Momof4
07-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm eating lunch right now while I wait for the children all around me in their beds to fall asleep. I feed them breakfast shortly after 8am then let them freeplay after while I eat my breakfast. It also gives me an opportunity to go on the computer and take a break to see some adult conversation during those times.

Mamma_Mia
07-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I too eat my lunch when they're down for their naps 12:30-1:00.....I've never been a breakfast person so I just have my coffee in the morning.

Crayola kiddies
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I too feed the kids breakfast and while they are free playing I eat and for lunch I make mine at 12:30 once all the kids are down for nap.

Bookworm
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I try to eat when the kids are eating, but that doesn't always happen. I normally make my self some lunch when they are all sleeping.

Starshine
07-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I eat when the kids eat. We all sit together at the kitchen table and eat snacks/lunch together.

Lou
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I eat my own breakfast during morning snack, then I eat lunch after I put them down for a sleep between 12:30-1pm...works for me!

dodge__driver11
07-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I eat during free play in the AM and during PM nap.

Momof4
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I should have mentioned that part of the reason I eat lunch after the children are tucked into their beds is because I conduct my story/circle time at the dining room table as they are finishing their lunch and eating their fruit. They are able to move their arms around with the songs and listen to the stories and they are pinned down. I can't keep them in one spot if I try to have circle time after lunch in the toyroom, but I guess that's just me. I wish I could find the secret to getting them to sit and pay attention for more than a minute.

momof2cuties
08-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I usually have some left overs prepared in the fridge and eat along with the kids. However, on days that I have the older child (age 9) It seems like I never get to eat! Everytime I attempt to grab food she needs me to get her more to eat, put a condiment on her plate, pour more drink etc the demands keep going LOL whew! Anyone else find older kids harder to manage than younger ones??

Peek-a-Boo
08-17-2012, 08:12 AM
It is difficult. I know some day care provider who is low on iron because she does not eat properly. Another way it is good way to lose weight.:D

kidlove
08-17-2012, 09:57 AM
oh man! on a really organized day or a small day (few kids) I will sit and eat with the children. Reality though....:) I usually dont eat until after the kids have been fed and are settled. some days I realized once I feel sick to my stomache that I missed lunch and am starving. Kids are like vultures though, anytime I have anything other than what they had or if I eat off "their" schedule I usually try to hide it ,so I can eat in peace without being bothered!!!!! :) one time I was sitting on the floor around the corner/behind the cupboards to eat a delish greek yogurt (that I DO NOT share with anyone) and a parent walked in my back door to find me there. I was a little embarased, but we both had a chuckle. :)

kidlove
08-17-2012, 10:00 AM
YES, Momof2cuties: I do find it VERY stressful to care for older kids. this is the first summer that I did not take any older kids (besides my two) it has been the most peaceful summer yet!!!! :)

DCP_But_Momma_1st
08-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I eat when I am hungry. I have no problem eating a little something in between activities. That is one of the perks of the job. I will eat a solid lunch during naptime though. I can't stand when kids stare at me while I am eating.