PDA

View Full Version : Glass bottles

mamaof4
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Since the concern over BPA a lot or parents are choosing glass bottles.. would this be a problem for you?

How about if they had the protective sleeve?

Play and Learn
07-05-2012, 07:44 PM
As I'm considering having my child use glass bottles (once I have it), I would have them use it with the protective sleeve (if I had to send a bottle to daycare).

BUT....I don't usually accept young infants, so no bottles allowed here!

Momof4
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I accept babies all the time and the parents are responsible for sending full bottles with formula or homo milk until they can drink 2% milk from my sippy cups when they are older. I don't care what kind of bottles the parents send, I just rinse them and send them home for washing every evening.

giraffe
07-06-2012, 10:28 AM
My guys have bm sent in glass bottles, I find that the protective sleeve helps to brevent breakage.

Inspired by Reggio
07-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Nope would not bother me in the least ... I myself am trying to convert to more stainless steel and glass options with things.

sunnydays
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
I used glass bottles for my kids, so I wouldn't have a problem with it, but would ask for a protecting sleeve to make sure it doesn't get broken (I have had one break on my ceramic floor before, so although they are tough, they can break). I encourage healthy choices like this :)

playfelt
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I have it right in my contract that I do not accept glass bottles. My kitchen is ceramic floor and all food is eaten in there. Since babies are close to a year old when they start they should be sitting in a chair using a cup for most of the feedings or at minimum holding their own bottle.

There are plenty of non breakable BPA free options out there. There is an entire "born free" line that most of families use.

I also figure it is incentive for parents to get them off the bottle if they are so concerned. But they will be going to a plastic cup from the bottle so the whole glass bottle debate is something they can do at home and have one plastic bottle to leave at my house and then I will transfer milk as required.

When I had my first all bottles were glass and were sterilized, etc. It wasn't until my second came along there was even such a thing as plastic bottles and clear nipples and well anything that hadn't been around for the 30 years before that. Because there are options I insist that parents use them. The same as I insist on velcro shoes even though there are tied shoes available.

kidlove
09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Have had glass bottles, no problem with me....I like the idea of glass alot better...cleaner to. The only time I wasn't too fond was when outside, but the parent did end up providing a sleeve for it. :)

gcj
09-24-2012, 08:03 PM
omg Giraffe! I really had to think about that! bm in a glass bottle....I was like WHAT?!?! Then it hit me: breast milk!

phew:laugh: