PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie :)

Tiny Owls
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Hello everyone :o

My name is Misty, I'm 26 and I live in Guelph, Ontario. I'm in the process of opening my home daycare that I have lovingly called Tiny Owls Private Daycare! I called it that 'cause we're always gonna have a "hoot", and owls are adorable, let's face it!

I've spent the whole day creating my policies information page (vacation/sick time, plans, etc) and have been researching this for months.

I just wanted to introduce myself and if you have any main tips for me, feel free to toss 'em here. I actively read these threads and while I currently don't have much to contribute, I want to thank you all because your information has been very helpful in helping me lay my foundation.

So hello! It is nice to meet you all. And I apologize if this is in the wrong thread or area.

treeholm
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Misty,
Nice to meet you. I'm a newbie too! I'm in Peterborough, and I haven't figured out what I'm going to call my daycare. I plan to begin September 1st, so I'm in the researching stages right now. I realize it might be October before I get clients, but I want to be ready September 1st. I am also very thankful for these forums and the advice/support.
Diane

Inspired by Reggio
07-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Welcome Misty and congratulations on your new venture ....IMO having a place to network and share is the first step to success in this business as it is often the isolation that does providers in!

BTW ~ you must have some serious 20-20 vision going on with that teeny font ~ I had to zoom my screen in with my ole eyes ;)

Momof4
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Is that tree & owl picture a mural on your entrance wall because that would be awesome! Welcome Misty and ask all the questions you like. We are here to help.