PDA

View Full Version : Posted 1st ad today, just had 1st phone interview, and 1st meeting scheduled Thursday

treeholm
07-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Yikes! I had no idea things would move this quickly. Not a complaint, just an oh my gosh... Thanks to everyone for the great ideas I've found by staying up half the night reading posts. I've had an entire education in the past 5 days. Special shout out to Momof4 for the individual advice...so appreciated!!!!
I'm so glad I got through the first phone interview, and it must have been okay because they are bringing baby to meet me on Thursday. I had another inquiry today as well but haven't set up interview yet.
Deep breath....
Diane

Cadillac
07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
YAAAAAAY FOR YOU!!!!!
Not everyone gets going this fast so you must be doing somethiung right. Remember to relax during your thursday meeting. They don't just interview you, you interview them too!

Inspired by Reggio
07-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Whoot Whoot ~ that is an awesome sign!

Toregone
07-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Congrats! That's awesome that you got responses so quickly.

treeholm
07-11-2012, 07:52 AM
I guess I read on here that people were having trouble filling, so I totally panicked and figured it would be weeks before I got an inquiry LOL I just have to keep reminding myself now that an interview does mean a sure thing, and I don't want to appear desperate... which I'm not.... yet! I am hoping to start in September with a couple of children, and get to 4 by January. I can only take 4 since I also have my granddaughter, who is not legally "my own" child, of course.

Momof4
07-11-2012, 08:25 AM
You just never know, sometimes you get a whole bunch of responses and sometimes you wait and wait for a response. I brought in a couple children at a time too until I got my bearings and learning as you go is par for the course in this profession.

Congratulations!

treeholm
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes, I figured it would be really good to start one at a time and figure it all out as I go.

sunnydays
07-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Congrats! Good luck with your interviews! I also started the first kids one at a time with a month between them...it was good for them and good for me. we all needed to adjust!

treeholm
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Fortunately, I still teach part-time at the university (one evening per week) in the fall and winter, and I run a scrapbooking retreat centre in my studio 1-2 weekends per month, so I have given myself a year to fill up and turn this into my career. It will be busy at first juggling it all, but hopefully, I can cut back on something else when this is up and running. I do appreciate the luxury of not needing to fill up right away, which is why I'm doing it this way. Those of you who started cold turkey are very brave, and I admire you. I'm a chicken...

Inspired by Reggio
07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I am a stamper and scrapbooker too Treeholm ... I started doing that to get out of the house and interact with people 'in person' to help with the isolation of doing home childcare and not having much time to talk about anything during the day that does not revolve around 'child rearing' or 'Justin Beaver / Bieber' or Spiderman.

treeholm
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Such a great hobby, isn't it? I wish I had started when my own children were small, but I sure do enjoy scrapbooking my granddaughter. SHe loves to do it as well, and I so love to cut shapes out on the cricut for little people who visit me. My scrapbooking retreat centre is www.treeholmstudio.c om if you feel like having a look at it.
Diane

Inspired by Reggio
07-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Awesome ~ wish I was closer the retreats sound divine!