PDA

View Full Version : US presidential Election

mamaof4
07-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Most of you know I am a resident of the Chicago area for the time being. I am curious what you (your individual views and Canadians on a whole) think of the presidential candidates: Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.

Inspired by Reggio
07-11-2012, 06:14 AM
I have not followed enough to form an educated opinion to be honest ~ I hate American style politics for the most part because they spend more time focusing on whats 'have not done' verses what they would do ... and sadly it has been rolling over into Canadian politics as well these past few decades!

That said I like Barack Obama as a speaker ~ he is very powerful and truly seems to mean what he says verses 'reading from a speech' like many others who stumble over their words and from what I have seen of Mitt I do not trust him ~ he gives off that air of 'corporate greed' where I would worry that policies made under him would put big business ahead of the people again or that like Bush and others before him they would willing go to war for PROFIT over oil and so forth in other countries while 'claiming' it was for the benefit of National Security!

But I admit that is an uneducated opinion based on clips from 'news' that make it over the boarder!

dodge__driver11
07-11-2012, 07:25 AM
All I can say is obamacare does not=communism, and mitt ---I dont trust him.

Toregone
07-11-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't watch much TV so I wasn't even aware that was an election campaign started. I feel so out of the loop, must watch the news tonight!

No idea who Mitt is but I really do like Obama. He is a powerful speaker and when I see him give his speeches I actually truly believe in what he is saying. He and his wife has done so many good things for thier country and he has openly taken a proactive stance on hot button items (ie gay marriage) that I support. I have passively followed Obama since he was running the first time and like what I see there!

Momof4
07-11-2012, 08:14 AM
There has never been and never will be a perfect person or a perfect leader. You have to admire a person willing to take the leadership role and all the abuse of the people he can't please all the time. It's a MASSIVE undertaking to lead a country and you are at the mercy of all the general public and your advisers and Senators or MP's and on and on and the whole political machine.

Then there is all the money and power and influence exerted by different religions and powerful companies (like the oil companies - Bush!-don't get me started!). I would not want to be in the business of politics, period.

However, I do think Obama has done a good job over the past 4 years and has generated great changes in the U.S. I hope he is re-elected.

Starshine
07-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm hoping Obama gets re-elected.