PDA

View Full Version : Glad I didn't take her kids PART 2

Toregone
07-12-2012, 01:06 PM
So if anyone has seen my past few posts they have been about a family looking for care in Sept. I did some drop in care for them this summer but decided it was best not to take them on full time come Sept. I gave the mother 2 months notice to find alternate care and offered to provide drop in until she found someone but she was still quite upset.

Now I find out from other dayhomes in the area that she is bad mouthing me! I am unprofessional and she "wonders about the quality and standard of care" children recieve when at my home etc. I AM SO MAD! She doesn't know however that I know these people and they are letting me know about this. Luckily to the best of my knowledge, she isn't using my name or my business name. Some other providers I talked to when she told me off put 2 and 2 together and called to give me a heads up.

Why do some people have to be petty? My business plan changed and I decided I didn't want to take on as many kids as I had planned. I gave her plently of notice and had not even entered into any sort of formal arrangement with her. No holding fees or contract. Just a loose verbal agreement that we would "see how the summer went and take it from there". In my opinion that's what we did!! I never mentioned her childrens behaviour as a reason (even though it partially was). I took all the blame for the arrangement not working out onto myself. And still she goes to other providers bad mouthing me. UGH!! :cursing:

Lou
07-12-2012, 01:17 PM
What a bitch! It's not like you left her high and dry, you gave her 2 months notice! Sounds like she's just one of those bitter people in life who have to openly complain about everything. So sorry she's bad mouthing you, but happy you have friends who have your back!

Inspired by Reggio
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you dodged a bullet there hon!

ladyjbug
07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
So sorry to hear you are going through this. Honestly, she is hurting herself more with this tactic than you. I would consider it a major red flag if a parent badmouthed her former provider that way in an interview and wouldn`t accept them for care. Keep calm and carry on. I agree with the others that you dodged a bullet

Momof4
07-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Well, actually that is against the law, slander and liabel. Maybe a professional email stating that you will prosecute her if she does not cease on desist? Ok, picture for a minute getting her in court and the judge telling her she is going to jail. Aw, sweet victory!

NOW, erase, erase, erase!!!

Ok, relax and breathe and put it behind you because this woman does NOT deserve to ruin your day for even a second. She's not worth the trouble. You know you did the right thing and you know you will remain professional and you know that the people who are reporting these things back to you have your best interests at heart and don't believe the woman anyway.

Don't let the bitches bring you down! That's my motto! Life is just too short.

momof4inpink
08-01-2012, 11:01 AM
So sorry that you are going through this. I am really not sure what goes thro these parents heads when they get terminated for justified reasons. You gave her tons of notice, something that you should be applauded for not condemed for. I too am just about to give notice to a local mother in my neighborhood, and long story short. I am not as nice as you. I will give her 2 weeks notice right before school starts as she gave me 2 weeks notice to pull her dcd out for an entire month without paying me, and expects me to continue care for her in September even though our verbal agreement was for before/after school care and vacations. Needless to say I am very upset that this mother pu my entire family in a finacial squeeze for the entire month, and will take a bit to recover. I was like you going to give her ample time to find alternate care, however she did NOT pay me the respect to do so.

kidlove
08-01-2012, 02:47 PM
heres the deal, nasty people will say nasty things, and anyone thats worth the worry of how they view you, is smarter than to listen to what people like her say anyway! just keep doing a GREAT job and making others happy, soon their POSITIVE comments will be flooding the airwaves.