PDA

View Full Version : First in person interview went well

treeholm
07-12-2012, 09:27 PM
First of all, thanks again to everyone for your posts. I've been studying them busily for a week. My son-in-law designed my logo, I got my paperwork in order, and a few days after posting my first ad, I had my first phone interview Tuesday followed up by an in person interview today with Mom, Dad, and 6 month-old baby. It went very well. They were lovely people, and the baby is adorable.

Now, I wait. They did ask for references, which I'm taking as a good sign. Even though I'm a new daycare, I'm a licensed Kindermusik instructor and the owner of the Kindermusik studio will be able to attest to my ability to work with children in a group setting, and to the fact that Moms and babies/toddlers love me. At church, I'm known for being someone who loves little ones, so I'm sure my pastor's wife will also give me a reference.

They have one more daycare provider to interview, and have already interviewed a few. Turns out the Dad works with our closest family friend, so I think that's a good thing as well. Crossing my fingers.....

I know other families will come along, I just really liked this family. The mom reminded me of myself when I was a new mom. Did I mention the baby is adorable? I held her for the entire visit and she was quite happy.

little rascals
07-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Sound like you are off to a very good start. Good for you! Hope you hear back from them soon.

Momof4
07-13-2012, 08:27 AM
The waiting and wondering time is painful. Keep going though, interview more families and never get your hopes up because then the disappointment gets to you. Wait until you hear back from families and then you make the final decision whether you want them in your daycare or not. Always remember that you are in charge of your business. It has to be a good fit for you and for the families too. We always say that we are interviewing them while they are interviewing us. Good luck!

treeholm
07-13-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm not stressing out over the waiting. If they decide they are a better fit elsewhere, then that's how it's supposed to be. Some people will want a more established daycare, and some will want the cuddly grandma. I only want the families who want me.