PDA

View Full Version : Do YOUR kids fight when the daycare is open?? HELP!!

kelly12345
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Hello

I am new to the forum and have been providing daycare in my home on and off for over a year. I have 2 kids of my own (2 girls 8 and 6) and watch 2: 3yr old boy and 6 yr old girl. I usually watch toddlers except now. Since the arrival of the daycare kids my own kids have been fighting with each other non stop during the day. The other children are great and it seems my own kids can be alright around them as well. Anyone else deal with this? I am tired of separating them and sending them to their rooms. Time outs and taking away stuff doesn't seem to work and I don't want the daycare kids reporting back to their mom that I am a beast LOL. I am sure they are stressed out to an extent but I allow them to go off on their own in other areas of the house so they don't have to be involved with the daycare all the time. HELP!!

Crayola kiddies
07-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the forum !!!! I Have 5 daycare kids and 5 of my own kids but only three if them are daycare age..... I have my daycare in my basement and we only go upstairs for napping so my kids know that if they come downstairs they must abide by the daycare rules but my kids are not in day are and they are permitted ( trusted) to be upstairs by themselves. Having said that I "hired" my 8 yr old to help in the daycare for the summer. He reads stories, organizes clean up, helps with shoes and create games during outside time, he helps wih lunch, vacuums, and takes out the garbage. I pay him at the end of each week and if I have to" speak " to him at all through out the week I start to deduct .... Good luck .... Summer goes by quickly