PDA

View Full Version : Complaint: SO SICK!

Littledragon
07-19-2012, 09:23 AM
OMG ladies, I am SO SO SO SO sick. I lost my voice, I think I have a sinus infection and I have a wicked cough. All the kids have been sick too, and I`m the last one to get it! I don`t think I`m going to make it through the day! I can barely get off the couch! My whole body hurts, I`m tired and weak. I feel like I`m not going to make it, but I don`t have a choice. It wouldn`t be so bad if I just had the toddlers, cause they`re content to just play all day long (yesterday, I only had two toddlers and I laid on the couch while they played) but today I have my 2.5 year old and he requires SO MUCH entertaining. I feel bad bc usually we do a craft or whatever while the toddlers sleep, but I just can`t do it. I`m making him do quiet time with a movie while I am lying on the couch on daycarebear with a tea. It seems to be the only thing I am capable of doing. Even after this post, I`m going to close my computer and just lie on the couch. How do I get my 2.5 year old to understand that today is going to suck for him?

Sorry I had to complain. I don't know anyone who has a daycare thus no one understands just how difficult it is to carry on with daily chores and activities sick as a dog. Even my husband said: "You're strong you can do it" and all I wanted to do was cry lol

UGH. I HATE HATE HATE being sick.

Play and Learn
07-19-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't know how you're working! I would personally take a few days to myself to recoup!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

mimi
07-19-2012, 10:31 AM
So sorry to hear you are unwell. I've had this sinus bug with mucous cough run through my d/c as well. I would strongly suggest you take a day or two off. If you don't charge for your sick days I understand the loss of income is hard to take, however, getting better will take longer if you don't get your rest. While your husbands faith in you is admirable, it does nothing to help you. Perhaps he could help you with your usual chores. Guys like to be our heros, so perhaps you can tell him you need his help.
As women we always feel guilty if we think we have let someone done. You haven't let anyone down because you are unwell. Pop in a movie for the kids with some snack and relax. If the 2.5 year old needs you attention, have him sit and watch on the couch with you. Take tomorrow off dear. :)

Littledragon
07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks ladies. I am seriously considering taking tomorrow off, the only thing is these past two weeks have been HORRIBLE! Last Tuesday, I took a vacation day to go to Montreal to see a concert I will probably never be able to see again. Then, I came home to a sick child. I didn't close the following day, but I did say he's sick, it's up to you if you wanna come. No one did. One of the boys actually took an additional day on top of that. Then Monday and Wednesday my 2.5 year old was sick and didn't come. And yesterday, one of the other babies was sick and didn't come. I feel bad closing down while making them pay after everything that has happened.

My mom is coming to help me for the rest of the afternoon and I told my husband that I am going to bed the second he gets home. I'm hoping I'll be a little better by tomorrow.

Thank you SO much for your sympathy! lol usually, I suck it up and take one for the team but today I was looking for some sympathy lol thanks ladies

sunnydays
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I hope you feel better soon! It really sucks to be sick while taking care of children because they don't understand and sill have all the same needs! I would take a day off too if I were you...you sound like you need it! By the way, I am curious to know how your 2.5 year old needs more attention than the toddlers? In my daycare it is the opposite...when the toddlers are napping and I have just the 2-3 year olds I can sit down and sip a cup of tea and relax a bit as they play well on their own and understand more when I tell them I am too tired to read to them etc (if I am sick). It is the under 2 year olds who require the most attention, supervision, discipline, etc. Your 2.5 year old should be capable of playing on his own!

Inspired by Reggio
07-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Quick recovery vibes coming your way ~taking time off for OURSELVES is so hard but if you do not take care of you you are no good to anyone!

Can your mom come tomorrow to help out too rather than closing if you are still not 100%?

Momof4
07-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Feel better soon Littledragon. I've worked in that condition too, sitting in my recliner chair in the middle of the children asking them to be kind to me because I'm sick. Ugh! And the worst part is the morning dropoffs when you tell the parents you are dying and they just say, ok bye have a nice day! Grrrrrr! It's the children who make us sick, thanks parents! Ok, rant over.

Two years ago I wrote 3 paid personal days into my contract because I realized it was the only way I would be able to ever have a paid sick day. Since the parents bring their children to me when they are sick and contagious with colds from hell, they haven't complained, but I've only used 1 sick day in 4 years.

Littledragon
07-23-2012, 09:27 AM
I hope you feel better soon! It really sucks to be sick while taking care of children because they don't understand and sill have all the same needs! I would take a day off too if I were you...you sound like you need it! By the way, I am curious to know how your 2.5 year old needs more attention than the toddlers? In my daycare it is the opposite...when the toddlers are napping and I have just the 2-3 year olds I can sit down and sip a cup of tea and relax a bit as they play well on their own and understand more when I tell them I am too tired to read to them etc (if I am sick). It is the under 2 year olds who require the most attention, supervision, discipline, etc. Your 2.5 year old should be capable of playing on his own!

I only have one 2 year old. The rest are under 16 months so when they're napping, it's just me and the 2.5 year old. He has an older brother at home, so I don't think he has a lot of time to play alone. He does play alone, but not for too long. I am DESPERATELY seeking another child his age so that I can sit down and have a cup of tea. Tea sounds NICE lol

I did end up closing. But it was at 6:30 in the morning. I woke up and literally felt like I was going to die. I had called my mom to come and help, but when I woke up I was crying I felt so badly. I called my families and apologized profusely (just bc of what had been going on recently) and they all understood. My mom still came and took care of my son cause I couldn't even get out of bed. Luckily, I have three personal days, so I called on one of those :)

Better now though!! :) Thanks ladies for being so awesome!

Lou
07-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh I'm so sorry, I'm pregnant so I have days where I feel like I'm not going to make it through the next 1/2 hr let alone the rest of the day. This job is SO hard when we're sick!!! I'm surprised your 2.5 yrs old doesn't nap anymore?? That would definitely help!

Littledragon
07-24-2012, 02:20 PM
He does nap, just not in the mornings. He takes a 3 hour afternoon nap :)

And congrats on the pregnancy! I'm hoping my time will come soon too :)