PDA

View Full Version : My son's daycare has movie day every Fiday

day1tolong
07-19-2012, 05:39 PM
My son's daycare is awesome and they have all kinds of activities. One of my son's favorites is movie day. They set up a concession table with healthy snacks and drinks. The kids grab a plate and pick what ever they like. They set up pillows, chairs, and couches and the kids pick their spot. The movie is shown through a projector shining on one of their walls. The picture size is 80" inches and it looks great. I asked her on the info because I wanted to buy one because it really is cool. Here is the link she gave me
http://www.amazon.com/AAXA-P4X-Projector-Lumens-Battery/dp/B007CWDFP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342597930&sr=8-1&keywords=aaxa+p4x
It's called aaxa p4x. Oh she also uses movie day as a reward for the kids as a group. So they have to do well through out the week overall as a group to have it. I hope this sparks some ideas! :D

Momof4
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
I put on a video for my dckids when it's a rainy or blizzardy inside day, but if it was nice on a Friday I would want to go out! But yes, a great idea for bad weather days.

Inspired by Reggio
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
I am lucky to have access to one of the older version of these hooks up to my laptop ~ I typically use it for workshops outside my home but I do it a couple times a year with the kids and usually in the winter for a pajama day drive in movie party where we get boxes that they decorate beginning of the week and on Friday I set this up in the playroom with a sheet and so forth and we have popcorn snack in the afternoon ~ its a treat cause they do not normally get to watch anything down there and it gets nice a dark like a real 'movie' ... but I too prefer to be outside if weather is nice and so forth but awesome for a rain day / winter activity.

Littledragon
08-01-2012, 09:31 AM
What a great idea! My kids are too young for the concession stand HOWEVER, on Friday, we're doing a PJ day. While the babies nap, the older kids and I are going to make cookies. Then we're going to have english muffin pizzas for lunch and I'm filling the livingroom with blankets and pillows and putting on a movie. I AM SO EXCITED! Not only is it going to be fun for the kids, but I can stay in my PJs and watch a movie while working! lol It's gonna be fun!

Dreamalittledream
08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
For us every Friday is PJ day; and I love it. Somehow makes the day more relaxed.

Momof4
08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I only do a PJ day once a year at Christmas and we make special cookies and the children bring their favourite cuddles. I guess we should do that more than once a year!