PDA

View Full Version : Tired, sore feet treatments

mlc1982
07-22-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure about anybody else, but I know I am on my feet way more since starting this job than I ever have been before. Because of that and ever since having children, my feet always seem to be dry, callused and sore. Does anybody else find this? What are some tips that have helped with that? A daily/weekly treatment plan? A good cream?? Any tips would be great!

Play and Learn
07-22-2012, 08:49 PM
I tend to be sprawled out on the floor more than standing! lol

I go get a professional pedicure every couple of months (I have a lovely ingrown toenail), and in-between do a mini-pedi for myself. Then I tend to use Udder cream on my feet after every shower/bath, and before I go to bed. I barely have callused feet because of the cream. You can buy it at drug stores (Shoppers), and TSC - Tractor Supply (it's like a Farm store I suppose). http://www.udderlysmooth.co m/canada.shtml

That's what I do - doesn't hurt to help! I'm also using the cream on my preggers belly, and it's preventing me to scratch my pulled skin!

Dreamalittledream
07-23-2012, 06:08 AM
Best thing ever that has worked for me, at night put Vaseline on them and then white cotton socks.

Mamma_Mia
07-24-2012, 02:29 PM
I too have had worse feet than ever before. I use a overnight foot cream and once a week use an intense moisture one with a pair of socks I got at bath & body works (they also have moisture in them) after my shower and through out the night.

I get mine from Avon but I think applying any cream with socks overnight will help. Oh and make sure you have proper supported shoes/sandals. I was wearing those $2 flip flops and boy did I feel it at the end of the day. Now I got myself a pair of Clarks and they look modern but have all the support for arches and padding....much better! Invest in good pairs...trust me

Cocoon
07-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Put salt in Luke Or hot water make sure you don't burn your feet:) and soak your feet for half an hour at least. It is perfect for tired feet.

Hope it helps.

mlc1982
07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I've been doing nightly treatments of body butter wrapped in saran wrap and that seems to be helping. I've also started wearing some flip flops around the house for now. It's a bit comfier for me and also prevents me from stepping on so many crumbs! A win win situtation! lol

kidlove
07-24-2012, 03:54 PM
One thing I did a few years ago and stick to regularly is, I bought good quality shoes, that are just for inside the house. I never wore shoes in the house and have taught the children you dont wear your shoes in the house, but i explain to them they are my inside shoes. :laugh: They really protect my feet from all the walking and abuse they get from being on them all day. I am U.S. not sure if my favorite brand is available to you but I get Merrell shoes, swear by them. They have this special heal shaped to help correct a womans walk, helping with hip and knee pain from all the stresses of being on your feet all day. I also try to wear soft slippers if I'm not wearing my merrells. Have heard foot soaks are nice too.......honestly never find the time!:no:

mimi
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
I had ugly dry scaling (well you get the picture) ugly feet. Someone suggested Curel foot cream. Inexpense and boy does this stuff work! Now my feet look and really feel smooth. Amazing stuff. I also have sore feet. I mentioned my sore feet to my chiropractor. He said he could adjust my feet. I was very skeptical and thought this might be a money grab. After 4 treatments (takes about 10 minutes) over 4 weeks my feet feel so good. I thought sore feet was something I just had to deal with but now I'm pain free. Hope these suggestions help.

raincanada
07-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Have the doc check you for hypo-thyroidism...Might be another reason for dry feet...I put my feet in plastic bread bags once a month and pour glycerin oil in the bag and sit with that on my feet for as long as I can...keeps my feet soft and moist...

Albina
03-24-2023, 11:08 AM
Choosing the right shoes is key, and Jordans (https://sneakerzone.dk/collections/jordan) are mentioned as one of the best options. Proper footwear can make a significant difference in preventing foot pain and discomfort.