PDA

View Full Version : Expectant Mom Finally makes up her mind!!!!!!

kidlove
07-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Just have to vent a little!!!!!! In the process of transitioning, have many kids going off to school in the fall and had the few moms expecting babies. Had one mom on the fence with whether she would bring her baby to me or free care, well...got my answer! (which I am very glad about because at least now i know what to expect) but none the less just need to VENT!!! She put in her two weeks for both kids, danced around the subject of future care for them which leads me to believe she has something lined up, but when I asked if she found a daycare closer to her daughters new preschool she wouldnt giv a straight answer. just have to say, it doesnt feel good to give your time and efforts through 3 and a half yrs of care to not only not know she was pregnant until 5 mo. but also to be dragged around for so long on the himms and hawws of what to do after maternity leave. just feel like a little more was owed to me in the end. aaahh! there, feels better to get it off my chest. now I can take new interviews and FILL THE SPOTS! :) BTW. She also asked if she could continue to call in the future for random days here and there to keep the availability to "possibly" bring the kids back if she needs to. what would you say?:huh:

apples and bananas
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Well, you can't hold a spot for future possible call in's. I always tell my parents that if they need back up care they are welcome to call, I can't guarentee I'll have the space, but if I have it, they are welcome to it. However, my drop in fee's are higher and due when the child is dropped off for care.

Bookworm
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
As I do not live the the USA, I am not familiar with the home daycare laws, but if you are limited in any way to the number of children you can legally watch, then I would tell her that unfortunately, you can not provide that service at this time. I wouldn't allow her to drop the kids off at random times as they are going to be a lot of work as they will more than likely act out as they are not used to being there (at least the little one may). Also, if she has a hard time making her mind up, she may just use you as she needs you without ever having the intention of sending both children to you. I would personally just make a clean break.
Good luck with whatever you decided to do.

kidlove
07-24-2012, 11:26 AM
bookworm: thats exactly what i decided. when she sd she wanted to use me everyonce in a while, i just pictured she was trying not to cut her ties just incase the currant plan didnt pan out, also told her, i would be happy to take the kids IF i had the room. but dont really plan to, would like to fill the spots ASAP. thanks:)

Inspired by Reggio
07-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Oh that is just RUDE ~ the whole way she handled herself would have broken my trust in the respect of the relationship and no I would not be going out of my way to 'help her out' in the future since she has been no help or support to you with regards to your business and income ... there is no 'customer loyalty' there to be reciprocated!

... BTW.... what would you say?:huh:

'Unfortunately now that you have given notice to vacate your spaces within the program I will be actively putting my energy into filling both children's spots with permanent full time clients ~ leaving them open in the 'might ifs' of your return is just not WISE business practice if I hope to be viable over the long term.'

Seriously ~ who EXPECTS a business person to do this? Can you imagine these conversations?

Dear Car salesman ~ here is my old car I want you to give me $5000 for it but please do not resell it on me ~ just store it on your lot ~ one day I might want it back in its entirety!

Dear Mortgage Company ~ I plan to stop paying my mortgage with you because I am taking a 6 month sabbatical to Africa to see if jungle life is for me ~ but do not sell my home on me while I am gone because I might want to return to the house if things in Africa do not work out and I can just pick up where we left off with the mortgage payments at that time.

Dear Hairdresser ~ I know we have a standing appointment for my hair on the 3rd Saturday of each month cause that is a prime appointment date .... however I want to try out a new hairdressor my friend told me about for the next few months ... but please do not give away my standing appointment slot because you know I might not like her and want to come back to you.

I could go on but you get the absurdity of the way some people think about us ~ they would not think TWICE about expecting any other business to forgo business while they are off doing something else why should WE .... the car salesman is going to sell that car to the first person who is willing to pay him a profit for it, the mortgage company is SO foreclosing on your property if you are not paying the mortgage and the Hairdressor is going to give away your 'prime appointment' if you do not VALUE it and if you are LUCKY she might take you back in whatever 'spot' she cannot fill with someone who has shown customer loyalty????

Inspired by Reggio
07-24-2012, 11:29 AM
bookworm: thats exactly what i decided. when she sd she wanted to use me everyonce in a while, i just pictured she was trying not to cut her ties just incase the currant plan didnt pan out, also told her, i would be happy to take the kids IF i had the room. but dont really plan to, would like to fill the spots ASAP. thanks:)

Opps sorry I posted while you were sharing this ~ I agree!

kidlove
07-24-2012, 12:03 PM
LOVE IT!:thumbsup: Inspired by Reggio, so awsome to find a group of people in the world that understand my every day CRUD! In this job I feel so expected to be kind and caring, soft spoken and sweet. I mean isnt that what what you are when you take care of children. well......Damit I am also a human and business woman, I deserve respect too, this is why i get so frustrated with parents who try to use my soft spoken sweet, kind hearted personality and take advantage of it. to top it off have to add, always loved this moms honesty but on the very same note, her words translated were, " I would like to take you and wipe my %*# with you, because i really dont appreciate you and clearly have not appreciated you for 3 plus years, Thankyou". :woot: