PDA

View Full Version : Second interview also chose me, hurray!

treeholm
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
No way would I ever expect to have everyone I interview choose my daycare, but it is very encouraging to have contracts from both of the first two families. I have four more interviews over the next week, so I am hoping to be full by August 1st for September 1st, which is way beyond what I thought would happen LOL. One of the confirmed spots is for January, but I agreed to hold the spot because I wanted to start slowly. The other one is for September. I'm very relieved to be "up and running" for September now.

Again, thanks to everyone here for support and encouragement. It's been absolutely amazing to me how kind everyone has been!

Diane

Momof4
07-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Woohoo, that's amazing! Good for you! Keep the momentum flowing. You obviously have the knack for interviews and as a professor I'm sure you can use all your knowledge for handling clients and choosing the ones who won't give you problems in the future.

treeholm
07-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks Momof4. I guess I'll find out how many of my skills as a business professor are transferable LOL. Both of the families who chose me so far are first time, somewhat nervous parents. I suspect that knowing I have raised three children to adulthood gives them some confidence. One Mom specifically mentioned that her husband was pleased to see how well the baby responded to me. That may have been pure luck, but I think I'm also old enough to have realized just how fast children grow, so I have learned to delight in small children, and that's what friends with small children say about me, that I don't seem to ever rush a child. That's probably because I seem to remember saying "hurry up" way too much as a young mother, and now my children are grown-ups and I long for those days back. I used to hate it when some little old lady would tell me "enjoy these years, they go by too fast." I thought she was nuts, but suddenly, I find myself right there. So, I'm enjoying them the second time around with my grandchild, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it with my new little crop of babies. I'm very much looking forward to it. And I'm prepared, on the tough days when I'm pulling my hair out, to remind myself of how awful a day in the corporate world can be when I dealt with backstabbing, gossip, and bullying in the workplace. .

kidlove
07-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Good for you, nothing better than getting a good start. It reassures you are on the right path. congrats.:thumbsup:

Inspired by Reggio
07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Congratulations!