PDA

View Full Version : Who has a portfolio?

fruitloop
07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Do you think it helps getting families to sign on? Do you just leave it out on the table or do you hand it to them to look through? Is it a binder with all your stuff in it? What exactly do you have in it? I'm thinking about putting 1 together so sorry for all the questions, lol. I do have references and some pictures on my website and I give parents a fairly lengthy package to take home if I think they may be a good match but I'm wondering if it'll be worth my time to put 1 together or not. If you hand it to parents to look through, what do you say to them..."here's my portfolio to browse through if you'd like?".

Inspired by Reggio
07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Yes I have one

Not sure if it 'helps' cause I have always had one so do not know the difference but I do not think it can HURT that's for sure ;)

My contains

All About Me ... My resume, police and vulnerable person checks, completed 'safety' inspection from when I was with the agency, copy of my proof of insurance for business, my business license with my BIN
Training and Education .... my diploma, my certification, my membership with the college of Early Childhood Education, first aid CPR certificates and any 'additional' workshop training certificates I have taken in the past 5 years (I remove and update stuff older than 5 years to my certification binder ~ just want to show them the 'recent' stuff)
Program Info ... Daily Schedule, Sample Menus, Sample Program plans, Calendar & Newsletters
Client / Parent Handbook .... the only paper copy I keep for reference ~ they get a 'PDF electronic copy'
Enrollment Package ... one complete enrollment package with the 'forms' they will be expected to complete from the contract , emergency medical forms, consent forms
Letters of Reference ... various copies of letters of reference from past and current clients and copies of the 'contact list' for my in person reference
Flyers / Business cards .... I keep copies of my flyers/business cards and tell them to feel free to take some if they think they know friends who would be interested ~ cause even if we might not be a match does not mean they might not know someone whose hours or needs are closer match ;)

Momof4
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I have a booklet with my contract and my resume in page protectors. I give the family my resume during the interview and let them look over the contract really quickly as I explain the high points. I explain my medical forms that go with me everywhere. That's it. Then after the interview I email the contract and medical forms to them with a thank you email so they can look it over at their leisure and call the references (my current and past families) from my resume.