PDA

View Full Version : Hourly Rates

bri
07-26-2012, 04:25 PM
I have had a few clients interested in dropping their children off for just a few hours each day. What should I even charge for that to make it worth my while as they will be taking up a full space. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Inspired by Reggio
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
If they want to pay 'hourly' than I would charge minimum wage for your province because they are not using 'daycare' where the cost of your wage is shared between the other clients you are legally allowed to have ;)

Personally I would not do this expect for a previous client as a 'favor' and than only if I had SPACE ~ I would not take on a new client who wants 'drop in care' and expects it to be there at their beck and call .... this kind of care is HARD on the child depending on personality and therefore the transition and behavior of the child and stress it causes would not be worth it to me ~ I like full time permanent clients or as a minimum kids who come either 2 or 3 days a week in a shared space!

BlueRose
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
It depends on where you are. I charge $30 for 1 to 4 hours and $40 for 4.5 to 10 hours.

sunnydays
07-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I agree with Reggio...personally, I wouldn't did this! I did it once and it was AWFUL! I took a 2 year old child for just 3 hours and he cried the entire time to the point that he was vomiting and I could barely get him into the carseat to go pick up my son from preschool as he was strong and freaking out. I felt so bad for him because he had no idea what was going on and honestly it was not worth the money! I did it because I had the space and his mom was really stuck, but I wouldn't do it again.

mimi
07-26-2012, 06:02 PM
it depends, are they staying for lunch? I would charge 20.00 plus 4 dollars for lunch - max 3 hrs

Littledragon
07-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Children must be here for a minimum of 3 hours to be considered for any kind of care. Then I charge an hourly rate. I charge $10 an hour. If they're here for four hours, they pay my daily rate ;0) win win (well, more me win haha)

kidlove
07-27-2012, 07:40 AM
even if someone only wants an hour or two of care I always charge my half day rate. but I dont charge daily either, they have to pay min due for the week. I had one boy who came one day a week and the parents still had to pay min due, which is the total of three days care. They Paid!