PDA

View Full Version : Business cards???

Wonderwiper
07-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone!

I have recently moved to a sub- division type neighborhood that I fear has a lot more competition than my old 'hood. I have an ad here, on Kijiji but very few responses so far. I'm only looking to start up again in October so not really worried yet but just wanted to know if most of you use business cards. If so, what do you do with them? I just ordered some some vista on the advice of some of you lovely ladies but am unsure where I should pass them out. We have super mailboxes so I could maybe tape a few to those. Thanks for any tips!

apples and bananas
07-29-2012, 11:43 AM
I keep a few on the counters of local stores... the gym that I go to... my daughter extra curricular activity let's me keep them there. Keep them on you all the time! You never know when someone will ask for one. You could also drop some off at your local early years centre or once upon a child. A lot of those places have boards you can put them up. Grocery store boards are good too.

Mamma_Mia
07-29-2012, 11:50 AM
re: the Kijiji ad - what I do with mine is I delete it and post it up again every 2 days or so...that way it's "fresh" and not on page 30! It seems to make a difference. I copy the info in my add, delete it, create the new one, paste info, add pictures and done. 2 minutes.

I also have adds and/or business cards up at grocery stores, library, gym etc.

apples and bananas
07-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I do the same with my kijiji ad, but i tend to do it on a thursday. I find I always get more hits over the weekend. Also... only advertise that you have 1 space left! Makes you look like you're in high demand.

Mamma_Mia
07-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I do the same with my kijiji ad, but i tend to do it on a thursday. I find I always get more hits over the weekend. Also... only advertise that you have 1 space left! Makes you look like you're in high demand.

Great ideas! tnx

sunnydays
09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I just keep business cards on me and give them out when I meet someone at the park etc. I just made my own on the computer and print them out now and then...it's free (except for ink and paper) and easy. I do the same with the Kijiji ads as mentioned above...except that I repost every single morning when I am wanting to fill a spot...it helps! If you leave it a day or two you are on page 25 and nobody sees your ad. If you put an add on the mailboxes, I would make a full page ad with little rip off tabs at the bottom with your number and email address...it always bugs me when I see an ad on a mailbox for something I am interested in, but I don't have a pen and there are no numbers to pull off! Good luck!