PDA

View Full Version : How Many Kids Do you Want/Have?

KingstonMom
07-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Just out of curiousity, how many kids do you have, if any.
Do you want more, or is enough enough? lol

I have a 2 year old boy and a 9 month old baby girl.
I always said I wanted lots, like at least 4 kids. And I still do. But my hubby is another person to convince!!

Mamma_Mia
07-29-2012, 10:59 PM
I have my 2.5yr daughter and we're TTC for #2 :thumbup:

I've always wanted 4 as well but DH only wanted 2....we then agreed to having 3 total. NOW he is changing his mind and saying 2 only.....but there's a catch. If our next child is a boy he wants to stop. If it's another girl then he'll take 'the chance' for the 3rd to see if a boy joins us.

So yes I am secretly hoping for a girl! LMAO :laugh:

Toregone
07-30-2012, 08:41 AM
We have an almost 3 year old boy with no plans to add to the family. I had an ectopic earlier this year and had to have emergency surgery. After that my husband and I decided that we are a very happy family of three.

That being said if a happy suprise were to come along we would be very happy about it.

apples and bananas
07-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I stop at 2! One boy and one girl... now I've added 2 step kids to that mix as well... so I guess I have 4 half of the time.

treeholm
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
My children are 31, 26 and 22 years old. I loved having 3 of them, but feel they grew up way too quickly. In the blink of an eye....

CountryMommy
07-30-2012, 11:07 AM
We have two, a boy and a girl, right now. And I'm due with our third in a couple of weeks. Pretty sure my husband's getting a vasectomy after this one as we both feel done with having biological children. We both aren't completely sure if we're done though (I'm definitely thinking I want more), but we would like to adopt any future children. Taking it one at a time though, so we'll see.

Inspired by Reggio
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I wanted a houseful but it was not in the cards for me ~ so step mother is my role.

One of the reasons why I am a lifer to being a surrogate mother to 5 every wee ones with the benefit of being able to send them all home at 5pm, sleep through the night and go on a date night without complications of finding a babysitter :)

jazmic
07-30-2012, 01:12 PM
We have 2 (a girl and a boy) and we're done. I did NOT have good pregnancies. I was flat on my back sick for the whole first trimester for both babies (who were both surprises, btw). After our son was born, my husband paid a visit to the doctor and that's that. :)

Momof4
07-30-2012, 04:05 PM
My children are 36, 35, 29 & 26. I didn't plan any of them, yeah, I used to be too gullible and silly. I am now very wise and trust no one, hehe. I was a teenaged Mom. My grandsons are 17, 15, 5, 3 & 5 and I can't wait until more of them show up. I sure would like a granddaughter!

monkeymama
07-30-2012, 06:57 PM
We have a 3.5 yo daughter and an 11.5month old son. Both DH and I feel like we arent finished having kids yet. However, financially and logistically, it will probably be another 2 or 3 years before we start TTC.

Dreamalittledream
07-30-2012, 10:07 PM
I stop at 2! One boy and one girl... now I've added 2 step kids to that mix as well... so I guess I have 4 half of the time.. Me too! Except we have all boys; aged 3,7,13 & 16 (2 oldest are stepchildren). We're DONE;)

DORITOSGIRL
08-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I am quite happily DONE AT ONE. I was 41 when I unexpectedly got pregnant after being told it would never happen for me without IVF.. I made peace with the fact I would never have a biological child and my husband and I both being adopted were quite excited to start the very LOOOOOONG adoption process. Just as we completed the final paperwork and home visits I got pregnant.
My girl will be a year old this month and is the light of my life. The older she gets the more I love her. The newborn stage was not a fun time, I had a serious infection from my emergency csection and she was colic and we both learning our way in the brand new world that had just been created.
I babysat my two week old great nephew this weekend as mom and dad were both in a wedding. The baby was only with me about 8 hours as they left the wedding immediately after the dinner but I was really really happy to see them come home and take over. I had forgotten how much work a newborn really is.

Crayola kiddies
08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I have 5 children ages girl 21, boy 16, boy 7, girl 4, and boy 3 (at the end of the month) the first two are from my first relationship and my last 3 are from my current relationship. I always wanted 4 and number 5 was my surprise (at 41) ..... I'm done !!!!

crafty
08-08-2012, 05:40 AM
I could have 10 !! haha We have 2 little girls right now, my husband says he's done but once in a while will talk about a boy. My pregnancies were difficult so I dunno ... maybe one more in a couple of years ??? I just can't say that I'm done yet.

kidlove
08-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Our kids are 11 and 9 and everytime I think i would like to have another child, I get a daycare baby instead, and after crying poops and bottles I am thankful mine are 11 and 9. No going back now, my hubby and I are planning for retirement. Log cabin in the woods, just me and him!!!! :) less than 10 years away. lol

Littledragon
08-08-2012, 06:53 AM
I have a 12 month old son and I am PRAYING for another. My husband did the same at Mamaa-mia, changed his mind. He KNEW I wanted a big family - AT LEAST 3 kids, and now he's decided he only wants the ONE. He says he likes being able to give our son all the attention and opportunities he wants, and is afraid he won't be able to do that if we had a second - or third. He wants to make sure we have enough MONEY. Well, it's not an option for me lol I hope he changes his mind soon cause my motherly instincts are mounting and I'm starting to itch for a newborn lol