PDA

View Full Version : Beyond thrilled! First 4 interviews = 4 signed families!

treeholm
07-31-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't believe it. I certainly was not expecting this. All four families I interviewed have now signed on. The 5th family is for March, and I gave them an extra week to decide. I don't want to take a 5th child until after my daughter has had her baby (early December) and recovered.
Wow! I signed two today. Just stunned.
Thanks again for all the support from this group!!!
Diane

sunnydays
08-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Congats! That is wonderful :)

treeholm
08-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks! They are all lovely families with adorable children. I'm very excited.

BlueRose
08-01-2012, 07:52 AM
That is great. I am so happy for you. :D

Sandbox Sally
08-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Wow!! Congratulations! I am thrilled for you.

Mamma_Mia
08-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Yay! That's great news...here's to them being awesome all the way through :D

Lou
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
How exciting!!!!!! Yay you!

Momof4
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Treeholm, you are freaking amazing! :woot:

jodaycare
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
That is wonderful news!

Crayola kiddies
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Great news .....do they start soon?

treeholm
08-10-2012, 02:57 PM
I have three starting September 4th, which is my opening day. I have one starting January, and one in March, which is the way I wanted it since my daughter is expecting her second child early December. I needed to keep a spot open for my granddaughter (who is with me 3 days a week) until my daughter can join me in the daycare in the spring (we're running the daycare together). I only wanted to take on 3 plus my granddaughter until my daughter joins us. I even have a waiting list now, which blows my mind. When I started advertising in mid-July, I was counting on it taking months to fill, not just a few weeks.

I did discover, however, that I have an "angel" on this site who has been recommending me to all the people on her waiting list, and I think all except one of my signed families have come directly from her recommendation.... and here I thought I just just a kick-butt marketer LOL. She has been sending me families who share my philosophies (Emilia Reggio style, lots of fresh air, music, activities, child-led curriculum, arts and crafts, organic food etc.) so that meant the "weeding out" was already done for me. I have received lots of emails from my kijii ads, but the ones that are just "what are your rates?" don't tend to get back to me so I know they are shopping around. The families who have signed are a lot like I was 30 years ago, and they seem to appreciate my style, so I'm thrilled. They came in already pre-disposed to like me since I was recommended by someone they trust. I guess that's my advice on how to fill quickly: find a really popular, well-respected daycare provider to send you her overflow!

Momof4
08-10-2012, 03:26 PM
That's wonderful! We have a system like that in our city too where we recommend clients to each other when we are full and we also tell each other when to BEWARE! It's invaluable to have a good network of friends in your city and to know that even though we are all technically competitors we are supporting and helping each other all the time. That's the way women should behave toward each other and it's the business working at it's best. I'm happy for you.

treeholm
08-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Momof4: I absolutely agree that this is how it should be, and I plan to return the favour to others starting out. I'm just so deeply touched, because the person recommending me went out of her way to show me this kindness, and we haven't even met yet. (We are having dinner together next week though!) She read my posts here, and probably my ad, and figured out that we have similar philosophies. The more we correspond, the more we discover this to be true and we have mutual acquaintances, but it was still a huge surprise to me. I love this board!

jec
08-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Your angel helped me get started too ;)
Soo excited that things are starting off in such a great way!!!

Referals are great ...you sealed the deal when they met you based on your qualifications and personality!

Momof4
08-11-2012, 08:41 AM
LittleFeet, check your postal code on the home page and see who is close to you who advertises on this board. Or go to another advertising site like godaycare and do the same. Then you can find other caregivers in your city. It's important to be able to reach out to others who understand your toils and troubles, as we all know, that's why we come here!

mimi
08-11-2012, 11:21 AM
In the spirit of the Olympics............ ...you got the gold! Congrats:thumbsup:

treeholm
08-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Thank you, I accept the Gold, and in the spirit of the Olympics, wish to recognize it is a team effort!