PDA

View Full Version : Babies Babies Babies

Mamma_Mia
08-02-2012, 04:24 PM
So I seem to only have Babies on my mind lately....we're TTC for #2 soon :)

I've been looking up fun ways of letting our familes and even DH and FB ppl know the news.

For DH I have to write on the bathroom mirror 'I'm pregnant' so that when he gets out of the shower he will see it. (and I'd be outside the door waiting for him to come rushing out lol) or write a note that says "We need a bigger car :D"

** these are all great but I feel kinda guilty taking the test without him there with me like we did with DD **

For my parents, my mom is a big jewllery person so I thought of giving her a ring box with a pea or jelly-bean in it and say "thats the size of your grandchild".

For our family I got DD a big sister shirt to wear and wait for someone to catch on.

Lastly for FB I thought of writing "Dear coffee, Oh how I love you! I know you would understand.....see you again in 9 months" or posting a pic of DD holding the u/s pic.

Anyone have fun ways that you shared you're good news??

(we're the tell-everyone right away type of people)

BlueRose
08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
for my first I posted on Face Book "Yes, I know I was right......" 20 min later my best friend called. She was the only one who go it.

With my 2nd. I told my parents that "I peed on a stick and it said Merry Christmas" my dad got it right away, my mom took a little longer. My 2nd arrived in December just in time for Christmas.

Toregone
08-02-2012, 05:12 PM
My hubby waited outside the door talking while I peed on the stick. He was saying "It can't have worked already... we've only tried one month. You CANT be pregnant already. You said it would take 6 months!! I thought I had 5 more of trying to go!" So I came out and said "we'll I guess we tried too hard if that's what you wanted..." and showed him the positive test.

I told my mom on her 50th birthday. I said "Is 50 too young to be a grandma?" her response "I KNEW YOU WERE TRYING!!!!!!" haha.

For his parents we did something a little more cutsey. When DH was maybe 5 or 6 he promised his mom 21 grandbabies and it's been a running family joke ever since. So we got a blank card and wrote the numbers 1 through 21 on it and then put a big X through #1. She still has the card and if there is ever a #2 we are going to sneak it from her and cross out #2.

Lou
08-02-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm 13 weeks pregnant with #3!! I'm no fun either though, and I just stared at my husband with the test in my hand with wide eyes and a big smile and even though he didn't know what I was holding he knew right away :)
We waited until just last week to tell the rest of the world (aside from our parents), and posted our 12 week ultrasound pic :)

kidlove
08-03-2012, 07:58 AM
My sister when she found out she was pregnant, her and her hubby took a vacation right after they found out so..... they mailed us pic's of their travels so far. there was about 5 or six pitures of them at dif stops and pretty views of wildlife and such, then the last picture was of them standing together in front of some mountains (beautiful view) after looking at the picture for a minute, I noticed her shirt had a BIG heart on it and the shrit read "due in April" I was like..."what?" then looked at his shirt and it had a picture of a guy pointing toward where she wasstanding and his shirt read "yah! I knocked her up!" ha ha too cute. first I laughed then I cried, then I called them and said congrats. (she was so preplanned that she mailed everyones pictures at the right time for us to get them all on the same day!) awsome!!!!!