PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Nap time tantrum!

gcj
03-31-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't know what to do! A just turned 3 year old is refusing to nap. AND refusing any sort of quiet time. My rule, which I will not budge one, is whether or not a child sleeps, they must lie down, quietly for 1/2 hour. If they fall asleep....99% of the time they do...they need to sleep, otherwise, after 1/2 hour of silence, they can read a book on their mattress, or do a puzzle etc...depending on the age. This one has been giving me problems for about 3 weeks now...and today she's been crying/screaming for over an hour! If I give up, she wins and no longer has to have rest time at daycare. Nothing will calm her down. HELP!!!!

playfelt
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Make sure the parents are making her have a quiet time at home too on the weekends whether they like it or not and whether she screams or not. Chances are they are letting her get away without it.

Tinkerbell
04-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Sounds like time to give the parents a warning letter, of course nicely. Then if she continues to be disruptive, follow it up with their Notice of Termination. You're the boss.

gcj
04-04-2011, 01:04 PM
She`s a good kid and they`re great parents. She's going through a "phase" of some sort and the parents are backing me 110% and we are working together. We'll get passed this. In the meantime, she can scream and cry as much as she wants, she's not allowed downstairs, until she's completed her "quiet time" She also knows that if she wakes the others, they have completed their "quiet time", they will be allowed down to watch a movie, while we wait for her to do her time. So far, she miraculously hasn't woken anyone..????? God bless noisemakes (humidifiers)