PDA

View Full Version : Choo Choo Wagon 4 Sale

Play and Learn
08-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Check out this link: http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad/Step-2-Choo-Choo-Wagon-with-2-extra-wagons_17861052 Saw it on usedottawa.com today. Choo Choo Wagon (4 pods) for $200 from Orleans. Email them, not me!

Just posting for you all to see!

Inspired by Reggio
08-07-2012, 05:54 AM
WOW ~ awesome deal those are too stinking cute and before I got my van they were on my wishlist for when we traveled a bit further.

apples and bananas
08-07-2012, 07:12 AM
I have one and it's fantastic! $200 is a great price for 4 pods.

jec
08-07-2012, 11:07 AM
That's our ride too :D I have 5 and I paid 340 from Sears

KingstonMom
08-07-2012, 11:32 AM
LOVE mine! we use it everyday (excpet in the snow of course!). and we get LOADS of attention in it, too funny!! I paid $119 for the two first pods, then $49 for the additional 3 from Sears. Total was about $300 (260 +tax)

jec
08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
It totally gets lots of attention doesn't it :laugh:
My husband attached some arches on it and I have rain and sun covers that were so easy and inexpensive to make!
I drag mine out in the snow...as long as the sidewallks are shoved

Play and Learn
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Jec - I think your husband should make some for us (or just me)....just sayin! :laugh:

I have 3 pods, paid $140 used. :)

Dreamalittledream
08-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Jec - I think your husband should make some for us (or just me)....just sayin! :laugh:

I have 3 pods, paid $140 used. :)
<waving hands frantically> me too;)

jec
08-07-2012, 12:14 PM
:laugh:
I can post a picture for you to copy if your interested. Super easy really! My hubby used fiberglass pieces so there wasn't much more weight added for me to pull! I made the first covers with dollar store shower curtains until I got the extra money to make them with thicker plastic. The kids are covered in wind, snow and rain ....while I get weathered on!!:blink::laugh:

KingstonMom
08-07-2012, 12:18 PM
I can post a picture for you to copy if your interested. Super easy really! My hubby used fiberglass pieces so there wasn't much more weight added for me to pull! I made the first covers with dollar store shower curtains until I got the extra money to make them with thicker plastic. The kids are covered in wind, snow and rain ....while I get weathered on!!:blink::laugh:

YES YES Send us pics!!!

Play and Learn
08-07-2012, 12:20 PM
I can post a picture for you to copy if your interested. Super easy really! My hubby used fiberglass pieces so there wasn't much more weight added for me to pull! I made the first covers with dollar store shower curtains until I got the extra money to make them with thicker plastic. The kids are covered in wind, snow and rain ....while I get weathered on!!:blink::laugh:na h, I think he should make them for us.... lol

OR....make them and sell them - you know how many people would LOVE that?!

Play and Learn
08-07-2012, 12:21 PM
<waving hands frantically> me too;)

I can just picture you waving your hands frantically! lol thanks for the laugh!

Play and Learn
08-07-2012, 12:23 PM
On a side note: how many of you actually strap the kids in? I give the kids 3 'tries' to sit nicely in their seats before I strap them in.
There's a provider in our subdivision who ALWAYS have them strapped. I rarely do.

Just curious...

jec
08-07-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm one of those that straps them in~ I've got young ones and just makes me feel better knowing they are in tight.
How do I attach pictures :blink: Feeling super smart right now....:o
I clicked on the photo thing above but what do I type in?

Dreamalittledream
08-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Agreed! Pics please (& Thankyou!)

jec
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
nah, I think he should make them for us.... lol

OR....make them and sell them - you know how many people would LOVE that?!

I could as it's easy!! ;) :laugh:

Dreamalittledream
08-07-2012, 12:31 PM
On a side note: how many of you actually strap the kids in? I give the kids 3 'tries' to sit nicely in their seats before I strap them in.
There's a provider in our subdivision who ALWAYS have them strapped. I rarely do.

Just curious.... For me, it depends on the child...some you just 'have to'!

jec
08-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I've got all young ones ~ if they were older then I could see myself giving them warnings if they were good listeners

Dreamalittledream
08-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I can just picture you waving your hands frantically! lol thanks for the laugh!
Yes, I would have <jumped up & down frantically> but would have <broken a hip> :laugh:

apples and bananas
08-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I strap mine in every time! Consistensy... and safety. If I don't do it once then they think it's ok. And since I'm pulling them I like to know that they are in there.

KingstonMom
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I ALWAYS have to strap in my own 2 year old, the other two 2 yr olds i sometimes do, they are usually very well behaved. And of course, i ALWAYS buckle in the 13 month old.
Does anybody know if my 9 month old daughter would be able to ride in the choo choo? She can sit up no problem, crawls all over the house, constantly pulls her self up on to things, shes a strong girl, and 21lbs. Something tells me she should be at least a year old though

Bookworm
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I strap the kids in too. I have young ones and if I didn't strap them in, they would be trying to climb out as I'm pulling them along. If they prove to me that they can sit in their nicely while I'm pulling them I would consider not buckling them in.

Spixie33
08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Here is another one in the northern Toronto (Newmarket/Barrie) area http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-baby-items-strollers-carriers-car-seats-Step-2-Choo-Choo-Wagon-4-wagons-with-1-trailer-W0QQAdIdZ401938901

Mamma_Mia
08-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Here is another one in the northern Toronto (Newmarket/Barrie) area http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-baby-items-strollers-carriers-car-seats-Step-2-Choo-Choo-Wagon-4-wagons-with-1-trailer-W0QQAdIdZ401938901

Ohhh what a tease!!!! that isn't too far (well aprox 45min-1hr) from me and I sooooo want it. We just have so many 'obligations' this month that I can't! 3 baby showers, 1 bridal and 2 birthdays! :( I have to start making enemies so I'm not invited to everything :laugh:

Play and Learn
08-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Does anybody know if my 9 month old daughter would be able to ride in the choo choo? She can sit up no problem, crawls all over the house, constantly pulls her self up on to things, shes a strong girl, and 21lbs. Something tells me she should be at least a year old though

I wouldn't see a problem with it. I would definitely strap her in. I'm planning to strap my kid in once it's old enough (and after it's born)! lol

I suppose I should note that I'm not a careless provider - I think if we lived on a busy street, I'd always strap them in. But I live in a small subdivision with mostly seniors at home! So not many people on the streets (except for those old ppl walking their pets)!

Inspired by Reggio
08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
According to the 'manufacturer' it is designed for children 18 months + up to a 50 pound max per 'wagon'.

http://images.step2.com/media/pdfs/701700_info.pdf

Personally I think this is no different than a 'booster seat' it just 'moves' so as long as they are sitting unassisted with good head control and they are restrained with a seat belt to prevent falling out ????

Daycare123
08-07-2012, 01:59 PM
We have this wagon too-love it! please post pics!