PDA

View Full Version : How to get blood out of clothes?

Starshine
08-07-2012, 08:24 PM
One of my daycare boys fell at the park and cut his lip. When I picked him up, he cried and cried, and bled all over my shirt, lol. I didn't have a chance to soak it in cold water, which I think is what I should have done, and then when I was doing laundry tonight I kinda forgot about it and just threw it in with everything else. So it's been washed in hot water, but you can still totally see it on my shirt. Any way to get it out or no?

KingstonMom
08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
i like oxy-clean. Udes it for dcks blood one time and it came out magically! Mind you, this was immediately after it happened i soaked their shirt and added the oxy clean in my kitchen sink. Not sure how it will work on a set in stain.

Inspired by Reggio
08-08-2012, 06:20 AM
You could try either the oxi-clean or a baking soda and vinegar paste on it or hydrogen peroxide is suppose to help on stains but you have to be careful on colors ~ set in blood is much harder to remove in my experience :(

Crayola kiddies
08-08-2012, 07:22 AM
I use peroxide .... I have never had a problem not getting it out and ive never had a problem with it ruining my colors but I figure its already ruined anyway so if it works it works ..... My son has chronic nose bleeds so I am forever getting blood out of something and I keep a big bottle of peroxide on hand...... Good luck