PDA

View Full Version : Great moment today and then....

Yarnlover
08-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I was coming on to post about a beautiful moment that happened this morning. My daughter and two of my dck were hugging, and then I watched my daughter (23 months) wrap her arms around both girls at once and say "family". I left my job 5 months ago to stay home with my girl and I can't be happier, but it is even better when I see how happy she is and how much she loves having the dck's here to play with every day. I was so pleased with myself after this happened, it felt like validation for my efforts thus far and confirmation that this decision is good for my daughter.

Anyway the universe has since slapped me back into reality, since that happened this morning I have watched my daughter step on a dead mouse in my backyard (so disgusting, I am a wimp I couldn't even pick it up, we just went inside instead. I put a flower pot over it and will leave it for my husband) Immediatly after that I was washing all the kids hands and while I wasn't paying close enough attention to her, my daughter stuck her hand down her diaper and pulled out a fistful of poop. By the time I caught her (a second or two to cross the room) she had it all over the front of her torso.

YUCK!!! I don't even know what was grosser the poop or the mouse. So i guess the universe is telling me that I better not get to smug about things or else! :unsure:

mimi
08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
The good news is she loves her dc family and the poop stayed on her and not anything else. Save that story for her wedding reception.:laugh:

Mamma_Mia
08-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Oh geeze! Kids have a funny way of getting reality back huh? LOL

I'd rather deal with the mouse :P

Momof4
08-08-2012, 03:23 PM
:laugh: That's why they make our children so cute and funny and cuddly at the best of times, so we can get through the really bad times. Sorry that the gross parts of your day made me chuckle!

Inspired by Reggio
08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Oh hon ~ the ying and yang of the universe there ... everything is about balance without the moments of mice and poop we would not truly appreciate those wonderful moments ;)

kidlove
08-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Ha Ha!!!! Thats what keeps you grounded to reality, just when you think things couldnt get any better, you get a quick reminder "they could!" keeps you humble in life!!!!!! :)

As far as the POOP goes, well...it could have been worse...she could have shared it with her "family"!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha too cute!!!